MTB gunpoint robbery

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Found this on YouTube. The first question popped out my mind is how dumb (or high) those idiots must be to not realize they’ve been captured on video?
      [url:3ohetaqj]http://youtu.be/ECs8ZrmH8D8[/url:3ohetaqj]

"stumpyfsr" wrote

Found this on YouTube. The first question popped out my mind is how dumb (or high) those idiots must be to not realize they’ve been captured on video?
      [url:2tjdygij]http://youtu.be/ECs8ZrmH8D8[/url:2tjdygij]

dumb is the key word here!

According to this –

[url:ad83dk7x]http://citizen.co.za/189946/mountainbiker-catches-robbery-gopro/[/url:ad83dk7x]

they were caught. 😼

Wow, that is incredible! Hmmm, this might be a good excuse for me to finally splurge and buy a GoPro!

Glad they were arrested. This reminded me a different story when man killed one teenager and injured another one in Pensylvania. They wanted to take his bike and other valuables but had a bad luck that day.
      Anyway, that video and this story proves one important point: human being is the most dangerous creature we can encounter on the trail

I saw this video a little while back and what amazes me most is that the robber actually looks up at the Go Pro several times and doesn’t take it!

I agree with the above post, it just goes to show how dangerous our fellow human can be. (and here I was worried about bears and porcupines)

"maineskiaddict" wrote

I saw this video a little while back and what amazes me most is that the robber actually looks up at the Go Pro several times and doesn’t take it!

I agree with the above post, it just goes to show how dangerous our fellow human can be. (and here I was worried about bears and porcupines)

Why should you be scared of porcupines? Once I met a porcupine on the trail and had to chase him to take a decent picture. I thought these animals are relatively harmless.
      Robber didn’t took camera because he didn’t realize that was a camera which could cost even more then a bike. Plus, GoPro is useless if you don’t have a computer. He was attracted by items that are usefull and easy to sell.

"stumpyfsr" wrote

Why should you be scared of porcupines? Once I met a porcupine on the trail and had to chase him to take a decent picture. I thought these animals are relatively harmless.

Hahaha. I’m imagining someone running after a porcupine with a camera now. 😆

And wtf WHY are there random guys on mtb trails stealing bikes? That’s the randomest thing I’ve seen yet…

"Ginny_Tory" wrote

[quote="stumpyfsr":1pnzvu5y]

Hahaha. I’m imagining someone running after a porcupine with a camera now. 😆

And wtf WHY are there random guys on mtb trails stealing bikes? That’s the randomest thing I’ve seen yet…[/quote:1pnzvu5y]
      That was indeed funny looking scene. It happened early spring at Levis Mounds trails. I saw a porcupine crossing a trail very slowly, so I reached my camera and followed all the way to the crack in the cliff where was one more. It’s a rare to see them so close – normally the up high in the trees.
      That robbery happened in Africa, where poverty is on high level. My personal theory is that those guys were on drugs of some kind. Otherwise they’d take a camera too even without knowing what to do with it

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.