Moving to Co Springs

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all,

So I am looking to move to Co Springs early next year and having not ridden out there want to know if my current bike will be OK for the trails around the area.
      I have just purchased a 2009 GT Force 2.0

I am mostly into riding single track with minimal technical downhills etc

Look forward to your replies

Hey sinister designs,nice to have to hear on singletracks.com and especially to hear your moving to colorado,hahahaha.I WISH I could ride Austrailia,hahaha.You need to let us in on what you’ve been riding all the way over there in Austrailia.
      The thing about colorado trails is that it dont matter what trail you ride,there are going to be rocky technical stuff and climbs everywhere and you’ll almost have to take it easy at some point no matter what bike you buy.Although I would love to have the new ASR 7 from Yeti,it’s an all out trail bike that would virtually handle any trail,but that bike has a price tag,hahahaha.Or the Gary Fisher Rosco is another bike I would die to have for the trails out here in colorado.The thing is,we have so much to choose from that you’ll be riding a new trail for quite awhile before you find those certain trails you want or need to ride.The front range runs from all the way down in colorado springs all the way down here in Denver and even farther up north,and that’s just the beginning dude.Go up I-70 and there are trails upon trails upon trails all the way to Grand Junction(230 miles away)hahaha.And Moab aint that far away from there so to say that there are quite a few trails out here is an understatement for sure.Oh man,dont forget out south down HWY 285,crested butte,salida,and Durango and on and on.I think you’ll be just fine on that bike dude,I guess once you get here and start riding you might decide to get another bike that might be more colorado freindly but you gotta start with somthing.Here’s to ya sinister,hope you come back to singletracks for more info and trail listings.

Sounds like I am in for some nice trails to pick from then.

I ride in a State Forest at the moment that has a lot of different trails and the GT works fine, Thou there is not a lot of tech downhill stuff, mostly single tracks and some rocky sections.
      From reading about some of the trails the place I ride sounds a lot like Palmer Park which will be nice as it is about 3 or 4 blocks from where I will be living so that will be nice.

Welcome to the Springs…eventually. Its a very special place. No one can drive (which I am discovering it’s every where in the country) and theres almost as many walmarts as churches. But the best part is: there’s a ton of trails and everyone that I’ve run into has been totally cool. You can ask for directions or advice and always get a good response. Im sure now that Ive mentioned it you’ll get nothing but ass hats.

As for trails. A couple of good beginner trails are Palmer if you stay up top on the Yucca trail. Also Ute Vally Trail in the North West springs. Not very long but has a few good technical areas and short but sweet climbs/ downhill. Give those a try to get acclimated.

Any questions give me a holler.

cgooch

lots of great riding in and around the springs, and ute pass

your bike will be fine Image

you’ll probably like it here Image

Welcome aboard! Do not dare forget about Fruita and Loma and shame on on the rest of you for forgetting about us 😃

"steve32300" wrote

Go up I-70 and there are trails upon trails upon trails all the way to Grand Junction(230 miles away)hahaha.And Moab aint that far away from there

Steve covered the Fruita area…

"maddslacker" wrote

[quote="steve32300":2e3dsb5q]Go up I-70 and there are trails upon trails upon trails all the way to Grand Junction(230 miles away)hahaha.And Moab aint that far away from there

Steve covered the Fruita area…[/quote:2e3dsb5q]

Yes he did, Forgive me my friend for my oversight. What’s really bad is actually forgot to mention GJ, the Tabaquache area is great.

welcome to csprings…i know this original post is a little older but i’ve been in colorado springs on and off since 2002…in my opinion…the chutes to capn jacks and buffalo creek (not really csprings) are the best options in the area…both of these trails offer decent climbs and good descents…let me know if you have any questions!

Mike

Epic Trails
      Colorado Springs Carpet
      Colorado Springs Hardwood Flooring
      Pet Urns

Hi guys,

I am not actually in the springs yet I get there on or about Feb 12th just in time for some snowboarding and then getting ready to ride later in the year.
      Look forward to meeting some of you guys in the future.

Jason

"sinister.designs" wrote

Hi guys,

I am not actually in the springs yet I get there on or about Feb 12th just in time for some snowboarding and then getting ready to ride later in the year.
      Look forward to meeting some of you guys in the future.

Jason

C Springs has trails that are open Year round my friend!

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.