Mountainbiking around Greenville SC

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi guys

I’m a swiss guy going to relocate from the south of Germany to Greenville SC next spring. I’m an advanced rider doing short tours (2 hours) on weekday and long distance on weekends if there is time (also with my race-bike sometimes).

I’m looking for informations about cross-country mountain-biking around Greenville.
      I did some internet researches but though Greenville should be a very kindly town for bicycles, I didn’t found good informations about tours. The most informations were about race-biking and city-biking.
      Does anybody have more informations about riding mountain-bike tours in this area?
      Informations about communities or bike-stores would also be great?!
      Beside that I think I need a guide when i start riding there. If there is somebody willing to take me to a tour would also be perfect :-)

Thanks and a good start in 2011…and may be sorry for my English ;-)
      Sim on

When you say "tours" do you mean guided tours or are you simply looking for bike trails in the area to ride?

If you just want bike trails in that area, check out the "mountain bike trails" tab in the upper left corner of this webpage. Once you navigate to that page, you can search for trails by any city, state, or even country. The trails will show up as blue or white markers that you can click on for further information like reviews, directions, maps, and photos.

I don’t have any personal knowledge about guided tours in the area, but I think you could probably easily find people to take you out to see the surrounding area and its trails. Someone from this site may even be able to help you out with this. If nobody on this website steps up, try making a post on the local S.O.R.B.A. website. They are the bike association in the area that builds, maintains, and generally promotes mountain biking in the southeast United States. You will find their main website at [url:2j8mzk76]http://www.sorba.org[/url:2j8mzk76]. The Greenville, South Carolina area chapter is called "Upstate SORBA". You will probably have good luck finding riding partners for that area by posting in the forum for that chapter on the SORBA website.

Good luck.

Hi and thanks for answering,

I meant tracks actually but guided tours will be also very interesting when I come there.
      I checked out the trail map on that page, there are even some interesting tracks :-)

Your information about the SORBA (Ubstate SORBA) was perfect, I found some more tracks and additional localized details about mountain biking around Greenville.
      I’ve seen postings about XC-races… 😄

Riding on advanced tracks should be great in the Appalachian-mountains between Greenville and Nashville… I looking forward to have a good time there :-)

Further informations of anyone would be great… 😉

Google "Pisgah mountain biking".

You are moving about an hour south of the best "tours" east of the Mississippi. And DuPont is great too and it is even closer to Greenville.

(tours = trails)

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.