Mountain Bike scene in Louisville KY ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone able to give me any insight on how the mountain bike scene is around the Louisville KY area including anything over the river in Indiana?

Are you moving there, or just visiting? I don’t live there but travel there for business from time to time.  I’ve ridden Turkey Run with my son and we both really enjoyed it. My son said it is his favorite.  KYMBA is the local club, you can find them on Facebook. They maintain a few different trails in the area but Turkey Run works out for me. Louisville is not too far (~1.5 hrs) from Brown County State Park in Indiana, which is one of the best places in the Midwest.

Cherokee Park- central louisville (usually the closest) – pretty technical but well planned out fun trail system

Waverly Park – well built, flowy trails with some good elevation changes

Turkey Run (Parklands Park) – easier, flowy trails

just outside of Louisville:

Fort Duffield- backcountry/techinical

Obannon Woods- Largest/most spread out trails

All have their own individual flavor but can’t go wrong with any of them!

We lived in Louisville for a year but didn’t get into mountain biking until we moved to Charlotte but may be coming in for a visit next month while there

Don’t forget about the indoor bike park in Louisville (underground and stays at 60 degrees year round)

id like to ride there some day

If you’re going for a visit, definitely hit up the MegaCavern like rajflyboy mentioned. It seemed more dirt jump oriented when I was there but they did have some trails throughout the cavern. Granted, I mostly stayed in the dirt jump area so that may be why I found it to be more “dirt jumpy.” The reason I said to go there though was there are quite a few activities for the whole family so you could make a day of it. We did the ropes course as well and it was a blast!

Aside from KyMBA’s facebook, you can also check for the Louisville mtb group of meetup.com. They had weekly rides posted there when I passed through about a year ago, but the ride I had hoped to hit was rained out.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.