Mountain bike events: races, group rides, and trail workdays

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Mountain bike events: races, group rides, and trail workdays

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Registered users can now post mountain bike trail events like races, group rides, and trail workdays. The system allows you to RSVP for events, give feedback on past events, and best of all alerts you to upcoming events at your favorite trails. You can also view a list of upcoming events and filter the events by type, location, and timeframe.

Help us out by posting information about your local races or by organizing a group ride! Events can be added directly from trail pages and you can view all upcoming events at the mountain bike event page. Let us know how the system works and how we can improve.

Big shout out to Fitch for coming up with the idea for this feature and for helping us refine the event system! Stay tuned for more details…

That’s awesome, boss… Props to Fitch on that idea. :thumbsup:

It’ll definitely be useful once we get to Colorado.

"Bombardier" wrote

That’s awesome, boss… Props to Fitch on that idea. :thumbsup:

How long before the big move?

Out standing! Now if only it weren’t 30 degrees out and I could use this function I’ve been thinking about so much… 😏

Great job, Jeff!

"loadedcarp" wrote

[quote="Bombardier":1ci04rda]That’s awesome, boss… Props to Fitch on that idea. :thumbsup:

How long before the big move?[/quote:1ci04rda]

Oh, less than 30 days.

But our bikes won’t be there until the end of April….. 😢

I want to do a ride out east soon. In the next couple of weeks or so. With fuel at curent prices It would be great to find a few riders to shair the cost. The 27th of May would be great. Picketwire Canyonlands open space park sounds realy sick! 18.2 miles out and back but I’m sure that it could be made to be longer. Hope to hear from some of you soon. Gary Spears in Pine, CO.

Major props for adding the "Trail Status" updates as reported by users!! That is one in a line of AWESOME enhancements which you have added to the website!!

As with trail reviews, "eat/stay/do" info, and event updates…the trail status updates are something I think that you would want to encourage users to maintain since it benefits the entire online "community". To encourage more use of the trail status feature, is it possible that trail status updates can be assigned some point value?

I think the "Wet/Sketchy" was a great idea to add, since some trails are not managed and it is really more of an advisory to let visiting riders know: "based on recent conditions – use your best judgement".
      I’m following the logic of 24hrs after a decent local rainfall OR if I’ve heard from riders that the trail is soaked, I will post the "Wet/Sketchy" status. There are two trails in my area which are managed(one by the state and one by a public land custodian) for these trails I am following their lead with whatever they post open/closed.

I’ve been trying out the feature by updating the status for trails in my local area since you went live with it and I have a few suggestions:
      1. Is it possible to show the "Trail Status" on the trail list line item views? For example, if I were to select a state, city, or did a proximity search by zip code…in the results where I see a list of trails with a picture(if available), the user rating, global rank, description, etc. If you could also put the Trail Status out there – that would be great. This would allow users to look at a group of trails and see each trails status all at once.

2. Please put the same current Trail Status label on each of a user’s trails in the "My Trails" page. This would allow users who are making regular updates on their local trails’ status to see the current status for all of the trails in their "My Trails" list to be sure that the listed trail status is correct and up-to-date.

Thanks for your consideration!

1. Is it possible to show the "Trail Status" on the trail list line item views? For example, if I were to select a state, city, or did a proximity search by zip code…in the results where I see a list of trails with a picture(if available), the user rating, global rank, description, etc. If you could also put the Trail Status out there – that would be great. This would allow users to look at a group of trails and see each trails status all at once.

2. Please put the same current Trail Status label on each of a user’s trails in the "My Trails" page. This would allow users who are making regular updates on their local trails’ status to see the current status for all of the trails in their "My Trails" list to be sure that the listed trail status is correct and up-to-date.

Right on, the trail status will show up on the state trail listing in the near future, we’re just waiting to get more trail statuses updated (it won’t be too interesting if they all say "unknown.") I’m thinking just a colored square beside the trail name (red, yellow, green). Right now we have about 100 trails that have been updated, thanks to everyone for making use of this new feature!

I hadn’t thought of the trail status label on the My Trails page. I’ll have to look into the code to see how difficult this would be, the My Trails page is pretty bare bones as it is so maybe trail status could be incorporated as an update to the overall look of the page? We’ll see…

Cool! Thanks again…that will be great!!

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.