MotoPed???

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I just got into MTBing recently mostly because it is becoming harder and harder to find a place to ride dirt bikes and the quieter, eco-friendly MTB trails are more prevalent. I’m on my dad’s 20 year old rigid Trek and taking my licks with a smile.

Then some guy in his garage has to go and create something incredible like this…
      [url:26anq6mn]http://motopeds.com/[/url:26anq6mn]

I’m pretty sure I’m hooked on MTBing but just think it’s great that things like this continue to redefine how we potentially get out there and see the world. Be sure to check out the videos of these guys riding the bikes on the streets (legally) to their favorite trails and tearing it up (legally).

Do you work for these guys?
      I like fried spam myself if I have to eat that stuff.

No I don’t work for them. I just ride dirt bikes in addition to MTBing. This is like a true dual sport and I thought it was cool that you could potentially ride to the trails (20 miles for me). Anyways, kinda new to MTBing and posting on forums in general so I’ll probably stop since they’re filled with "purists." I bet some people thought it was blasphemy when they tried to throw suspension (derived from dirt bikes) on MTBs…I’ll work on trying to be a one trick pony so I’ll fit in better. Until then, I’m excited to ride anything.

"haolezeus" wrote

No I don’t work for them. I just ride dirt bikes in addition to MTBing. This is like a true dual sport and I thought it was cool that you could potentially ride to the trails (20 miles for me). Anyways, kinda new to MTBing and posting on forums in general so I’ll probably stop since they’re filled with "purists." I bet some people thought it was blasphemy when they tried to throw suspension (derived from dirt bikes) on MTBs…I’ll work on trying to be a one trick pony so I’ll fit in better. Until then, I’m excited to ride anything.

I wrote this article last fall arguing against e-assist "mountain bikes" on mountain bike trails: http://www.singletracks.com/blog/uncate … tb-trails/

Anything with a throttle and a gas motor, on the other hand, is WAY over the line, and I doubt even the people who somehow can get behind e-assist bikes would support a bike like this.

Yea that thing is a motorcycle, pure and simple.

OMG not again! Like the OP said, lets ride one to the trail then tear it up! Oh boy 😏

I mean it looks fun and all, and I’d take it to an ATV trail system and ride the wheels off of it. But if I saw that thing on my MTB trails, I’d stop them and we would have a discussion about where they need to ride and not ride that thing. If they were cool I’d even show them around.

Purist, maybe, but the "M" in MTB is for mountain not motor!

We would lose places to ride too if we tried to convince land managers that these should be allowed on MTB Trails.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.