Mmmmmmmmmmm…fresh meat…mmmmmmmmmmmm

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Well, not all that fresh. I just bought a Specialized Hardrock Disc and went riding in the woods for the first time in nearly forty (that’s four-zero) years.
      My wife and I had been talking about getting a couple bikes for some time and we even went as far as to go to Target to get a couple of Schwinns. After realizing that they weighed at least a ton or two apiece and that people in cars really do think of people on bikes as the enemy, we decided to trade up to something we could take on the trails.
      I’m hoping the pads on my brakes last long enough to get me through the first part of the learning curve. I don’t have the same confidence level I had when I was nine but that’s probably OK, since I don’t have the same amount of bone flexibility either.
      So hello everyone. It’s nice to be here and I hope to learn some things and maybe make some friends.
      SP

"ShinyPebble" wrote

Well, not all that fresh. I just bought a Specialized Hardrock Disc and went riding in the woods for the first time in nearly forty (that’s four-zero) years.
      My wife and I had been talking about getting a couple bikes for some time and we even went as far as to go to Target to get a couple of Schwinns. After realizing that they weighed at least a ton or two apiece and that people in cars really do think of people on bikes as the enemy, we decided to trade up to something we could take on the trails.
      I’m hoping the pads on my brakes last long enough to get me through the first part of the learning curve. I don’t have the same confidence level I had when I was nine but that’s probably OK, since I don’t have the same amount of bone flexibility either.
      So hello everyone. It’s nice to be here and I hope to learn some things and maybe make some friends.
      SP

Welcome ShinyPebble. I think its great you are rediscovering bicycle bliss. Mine started at 45 and is still going strong, hopefully for a while yet. I haven’t ridden in your area yet but hear a lot of good things about it. Plus, well Asheville is just a cool town. If you can afford to live there. 😮

I understand that bone flexibility thing too and try not to do anything too extreme. Figure there is enough risk in just riding for us olfolks hehehehe. Welcome again, keep the rubber side down and enjoy 😃

Forgot to mention this before. Thats a cool looking Avatar. What is it?

Welcome Shiny pebble. 😎

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

Forgot to mention this before. Thats a cool looking Avatar. What is it?

My big sister is waaaaaaaaaay talented and she was inspired by the name so she made this avatar for me.
      She started by crumpling a piece of brown kraft paper, then she drew the hand on it, scanned it and played with the image using this program called GIMP.
      I have another shiny pebble avatar that I use on other pages. It’s a picture of the Sun firing off these huge flares.Hell of a pebble, I know, but it’s a matter of perspective.

"ShinyPebble" wrote

[quote="CraigCreekRider":1tsebqvx]…scanned it and played with the image using this program called GIMP.

[/quote:1tsebqvx]
      So she is a Linux user…if she also rides a mountain bike, then she’s a goddess of coolness! 😆

"ShinyPebble" wrote

[quote="CraigCreekRider":31z5zquz]Forgot to mention this before. Thats a cool looking Avatar. What is it?

My big sister is waaaaaaaaaay talented and she was inspired by the name so she made this avatar for me.
      She started by crumpling a piece of brown kraft paper, then she drew the hand on it, scanned it and played with the image using this program called GIMP.
      I have another shiny pebble avatar that I use on other pages. It’s a picture of the Sun firing off these huge flares.Hell of a pebble, I know, but it’s a matter of perspective.[/quote:31z5zquz]

Wow. That is way cool. Would never have thought it was on brown kraft paper. Thought you raided an Egytian tomb or something. Congrats sister – glad some folks got that creative talent thing going on. A numbers guy myself.

"maddslacker" wrote

[quote="ShinyPebble":190vjr23][quote="CraigCreekRider":190vjr23]…scanned it and played with the image using this program called GIMP.

So she is a Linux user…if she also rides a mountain bike, then she’s a goddess of coolness! 😆[/quote:190vjr23][/quote:190vjr23]
      I guess GIMP may have been exclusively a linux application at one time but my sister’s machine is XP all the way. As for a mountain bike, If you saw a picture of her left hip, you would think of her as a picture of heroism just for being able to walk across the room. Plus she is deeply immersed in all the ways of coolness. I did tell her that I got a compliment on my avatar and she got a kick out of that. (Thanks CCR)

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.