Mississippi Checking in

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Mississippi Checking in

--
SHARES

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Shane_Thompson 10 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

😮 yOOO Shane Thompson here from Misssissippi! I am 22 years old and just started riding again after a 4 year abscence. I raced BMX a bit and did plenty of dirt jumping when I was riding. I was always "anti bikes with gears" LOL Nevertheless i stopped riding when I was 18. I didnt stop racing though. I started racing a pretty little red race car 😆 . I travled around the southeast/Texas racing it. Sadly the car suffered some mechanical issues right as I quit my job due to the economy gowing down hill. So after year of doing nothing but school and playing computer games.. I got tired of sitting down… So i bought a Bike. I bought a trek 820 ST. Its a bit on the heavy side but it has not held me up yet. So I am happy! glad to be back riding again. I am going to start racing the bike, nothing crazy with jumps but just some local single track racing.

if anyone is curious here is a video of me racing my car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrRukurx0U0 😼

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Cool video bro! You and Singletracks member Steve32300 will get along just fine. He races or is a crew member of a race car team. Again, sweet video bro!

Ahh cool! thanks man! I will have to look Steve up

Hey Shane Thompson86,welcome to singltracks.com.Yeah,me and you are in a similar boat being that you come from BMX and car racing.Especially the dirt jumping part,I didnt race all that much but did alot of dirt juming and tricks back in grade school and jr. high.Chilipepper is right,Love the video dude,must have been quite the experience running out at Texas speedway.Looks like you were having a blast out there.Nice footwork on the pedals dude,some of those guys never even seen you comin you were so fast,hahaahahaha.And yes,I work/help on a sprint car team that is running mainly in the midwest right now.Nice to see you signed up here on singletracks dude,you should love mountain biking.

if you are anti-gear you could go single speed.

Welcome aboard. Nice video. If you explore this site, you will find several members are sharing videos of their MTB rides.

"brianW" wrote

if you are anti-gear you could go single speed.

Haha that was back in the day! I do not care anymore. I would not dare ride a single speed on a single track.. that be hard and boring.

"steve32300" wrote

Hey Shane Thompson86,welcome to singltracks.com.Yeah,me and you are in a similar boat being that you come from BMX and car racing.Especially the dirt jumping part,I didnt race all that much but did alot of dirt juming and tricks back in grade school and jr. high.Chilipepper is right,Love the video dude,must have been quite the experience running out at Texas speedway.Looks like you were having a blast out there.Nice footwork on the pedals dude,some of those guys never even seen you comin you were so fast,hahaahahaha.And yes,I work/help on a sprint car team that is running mainly in the midwest right now.Nice to see you signed up here on singletracks dude,you should love mountain biking.

Hey Steve, Well thats cool that we share the same background haha. Yes, I was having me some fun out there. Sadly those days are over for now. I am in school now full time, and not able to make enough money to support the racing which you know is very expensive. Plus I think when I graduate I need to have more responsible priorities in life, such as looking for a house or just saving my money. Going all over racing with no cash sponsors left me broke all the time, and I do not think thats a good idea. I will always have the car, for it would be extremley hard to sell a car with no A/C and No interior and No radio! LOL I will race it again one day for sure. That is one reason I am digging getting back into bikes, it is sooo cheap compared to car racing lol. I do not have to worry about $400 entry fees crazy fuel bills and busted up car parts!!! ahhhh $$$$$ . And another thing. I get just as much of an adraline rush flying down some hill on that bike as I do taking some high G turn in that car. lol

Which Sprint car team do you crew for? I follow Nascar pretty well. That must be a fun job 😆

Well its nice to meet you Steve and Thank you for the welcome!

"fleetwood" wrote

Welcome aboard. Nice video. If you explore this site, you will find several members are sharing videos of their MTB rides.

Thanks =)

Welcome Shane. Glad you are back into biking. 😆 I think a lot of us on this forum "re-discovered" biking. I rode every day from age 13-16, ditched the bike for cars and other pursuits. 30 years later here I am riding at least 3 times a week and loving it.

Anyways welcome aboard.

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

Welcome Shane. Glad you are back into biking. 😆 I think a lot of us on this forum "re-discovered" biking. I rode every day from age 13-16, ditched the bike for cars and other pursuits. 30 years later here I am riding at least 3 times a week and loving it.

Anyways welcome aboard.

Thanks Craig. Yeap sound like me ditched the bike for cars and other other pursuits LOL 😮

Hey Shane, welcome to Singletracks. Good to see another rider here in the deep south.

"Devin_P" wrote

Hey Shane, welcome to Singletracks. Good to see another rider here in the deep south.

Indeed Devin, What do you got to ride over in LA? thats not too far