Merry “Mountainbike” Christmas & Happy “Gravelbike” New Year

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Merry “Mountainbike” Christmas & Happy “Gravelbike” New Year

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

2020 is going down as the strangest year of my 61 years of life. With the Coronavirus, stay at home orders, recession, an ugly presidential election, and multiple natural disasters (forest fires, hurricanes, floods), it seemed that we were often standing on shaking ground.

I’ve mountain biked more this year than in any year of my life Thankfully, cycling has been a bit of sanctuary from our troubling times. Not only has mountain biking been loads of fun and good for my fitness but it has also been a source of solace for my mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Turns out that the church of the tall pines and the wandering trail is often what I need. My trails are now snowed-in but the Gravel bike season is just beginning. So, I’ll just keep on riding.

Let’s hope that 2021 is a better year. May you and all your friends and family (and even the people we don’t know) stay safe and prosper in the coming year. Now, get out and ride!

Amen!

My trails are just needing more snow! The midfAt is a blast in any climate, the plussers are fantabulous as well. Trialsin, rail trails with good trialsy elements are still not too far away. G-One 2.8’s and I have a full squish a hardtail or one speed automatic gravel bike. Other¬† option is 4.8, 3.8 and 3.0/3.25. Doesn’t get better than that!

What the hell, I hear Santa has a bitchen bike too!

Well said. My feelings exactly. I am 50 years old and I think this has been the strangest/ worst year of my life. And I went through an ugly divorce years ago. I have also never ridden more than this year and I think it saved my mental sanity. I started riding mountain bikes back in college. Probably 1990 or 1991. My first (mountain)¬† bike was a GT Timberline…

Thanks bike nerd

Viewing 3 reply threads