Memorial Day MTB Plans?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

According to AAA, 25% of Americans plan to hike or bike this Memorial Day weekend and the average travel distance will be more than 700 miles from home. Sounds like a lot of people are planning epic MTB trips next weekend!

So where are people heading?

(For those coming to Atlanta or staying here in town, don’t forget about the singletracks group ride May 28 @ Blankets Creek.)

I’m on call for work for the whole holiday weekend 😏

At least the local pool has wifi…

hopefully it will quit raining here in ohio but forecast is calling for rain just about everyday. 😢 if it dries out enough thought about going to lake hope or mohichan. and don’t forget to let r rip!!

No traveling for me. Planning to hit the local trails while everyone is on vacation!

Probably just hitting a local trail as usual, not sure which one, too many to choose from! It’s too early still to do the trails deeper in the mountains so I’ll likely have to deal with greater crowds on the closer-to-town trails :/

local trails for me too ! I hope it dried out here in Ct a bit.

"pinkmtb" wrote

local trails for me too !

Same here. I hope this weekend leads to some drier conditions

Since one of my local trails tends to be a big destination for mt bikers I will
      A: ride "Dawn Patrol" and clear the spider webs to avoid the crowds
      or
      B: ride one of the other local trails.

"susanexpress1" wrote

Hello, I am a new member, nice to meet you.

WOW Gold
      Sell Wow Gold
      US WOW Gold
      Buy WOW Gold
      Cheap WOW Gold

spam!

Was thinking the same thing myself. I was going to send GoldenGoose a text. But he is backpacking.

I hope to be riding dupont state park memorial day . Its next on the wish list

Va MTB festival near Harrisonburg, Va. Is on my yearly must do list. Large private campground if you’d like to join us. Some of the trails are rideable even if its raining. 😃 Rock has a lot of thing going for it besides a bumpy ride. 😆
      http://www.bikereg.com/events/register. … ntid=12865

I think I’m just heading down for the Singletracks group ride, and then maybe on Monday I’ll go somewhere within a reasonable drive of home.

I’m hanging out in mid-state Massachusetts’ for the weekend, so I’ll likely try a lot of the Worcester-area trails I haven’t ridden yet (Russel Mill, especially!). Come Monday, maybe I’ll shoot up to NH for Bear Brook or FOMBA!

Either way, if it’s not raining, I hope to be out each day!

@ fitch,

Leominster State Forest I have heard great things about and about 20 minutes from Worcester. I used to x/c ski there (well over 10 years ago)

"brianW" wrote

@ fitch,

Leominster State Forest I have heard great things about and about 20 minutes from Worcester. I used to x/c ski there (well over 10 years ago)

Thanks, Brian! I’ve always wanted to ride LSF, as well! We’ll see how the rains do. Been a few days of yuck here!

"DLACHNIET" wrote

Va MTB festival near Harrisonburg, Va. Is on my yearly must do list. Large private campground if you’d like to join us. Some of the trails are rideable even if its raining. 😃 Rock has a lot of thing going for it besides a bumpy ride. 😆
      http://www.bikereg.com/events/register. … ntid=12865

mannnnnn I REALLY wish I knew about that sooner.

I volunteered to cover a buddy’s shift at work on Sunday so he can go see his family. Kinda wrecked my whole weekend. Local trails for me…might go up to MD to check out the Germantown pump track and ride Schaeffer Farms.

Just local trails for me.

Viewing 17 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.