Max Heart Rate Training

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

220 minus age not good if your trained, hmm, here is the point.

Mine should be 168, years on a single speed has me riding all day there on climbs. This year set Max for 175 because that was a couple points over my highest.

Did a Duathlon in 1:05 with 54:06 90% and over, felt like i was racing, but no where near Max, how can I figure true Max.

Being an old FART, proper training is ever more important

Doah, make mine a single speed

Go out and either ride or run hard and record your highest heart rate. Maybe a fast time trile on the road bike. Or, Running, do 400 meters hard as you can then take a 60 second recovery and do one more 400 as fast as you can. You should hit close to max on the 2nd 400.

Not too sure if this is too late for your reading but I wrote this piece in respect to rowing but you may find bits in it that offer you some help or guidance in respect to HRT, which is a little baby gem of mine when it comes to training.

[url:38ygqalk]http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/topic.php?uid=48125727738&topic=39096[/url:38ygqalk]

Don’t use a formula to determine your HR. Instead, find a flat or gradually sloping road that lasts for a while and do a 30-minute time trial. Your RPE should be the same at minute 1 as it is at minute 30. Record your HR for the last 20 minutes of the ride. The average for those 20 minutes will be your functional threshold heart rate or about the equivalent of 90-92% of your max HR. You can base all of your other HR zones off of that number.

"Juan_Gear" wrote

220 minus age not good if your trained, hmm, here is the point.

Mine should be 168, years on a single speed has me riding all day there on climbs. This year set Max for 175 because that was a couple points over my highest.

Did a Duathlon in 1:05 with 54:06 90% and over, felt like i was racing, but no where near Max, how can I figure true Max.

Being an old FART, proper training is ever more important

Doah, make mine a single speed

the formula that I use is 220 minus "your age" is your suggested "Maximum Heart Rate"…… times 80% = target HR for a cardio workout or if your into fat burning workout take your max HR times 65% = fat burning workout…….I will ride with those figures in mind for 1 to 1.5 hours maintaining my HR close to those ranges as possible……hope this helps 😃

Garmin has had mine over 220, often this year, am I dead and still having fun, resting rate is 36, often 50 ta 60 resting during a ride.

riding is life, all else is waiting,,,,,with Alice

"Juan_Gear" wrote

Garmin has had mine over 220, often this year, am I dead and still having fun, resting rate is 36, often 50 ta 60 resting during a ride.

riding is life, all else is waiting,,,,,with Alice

Try this link for Avg resting Heart Rates
      http://www.netfit.co.uk/fitness/test/re … t-rate.htm
      some interesting articles for you to read…..good luck 😎

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.