Maryland Clubs and Organizations

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Discuss local mountain bike clubs and organizations in Maryland. Organize trail work days, group rides, and more! Send a PM to trek7k if you would like to be considered for the Maryland forum moderator position (don’t forget to include the name of the state you would like to moderate).

Well I am new to MTB’ing so I’d def. be looking to hook up with some people to go riding and learn some of the local trails better. I don’t really know anyone else who rides, so I mostly ride alone when I go… which isn’t always safe.

My boyfriend and I are newbie mountain bikers and we live about 5 minutes away from Patapsco Valley State Park. However, after reading the reviews of the park, I am thinking that it may be too difficult for the two of us, who are looking to go on our FIRST ride! We just got our bikes, we have most of the equipment we need, but now are looking for suggestions for places to start to get the hang of biking that are close to Baltimore. Does anyone have any suggestions? We don’t want to kill ourselves on our first try, and would like to work up to the more difficult trails as we become better.

Also, are there any club we could join to bike with people who might give us some tips on developing some skills?

Thanks!!!
      Erin & Todd

we are starting a bike/social club based out of baltimore… check out [url:2eqia7hq]http://trailblazers.ning.com/[/url:2eqia7hq]… we are still in the early phase of putting it together 😢 …..

My boyfriend and I are newbie mountain bikers and we live about 5 minutes away from Patapsco Valley State Park. However, after reading the reviews of the park, I am thinking that it may be too difficult for the two of us, who are looking to go on our FIRST ride!

Patapsco can be pretty rough….. if Falls Rd isn’t too far, check out Robert E Lee park…. the main trail is pretty tame….

Daniels area is a great spot to start out…. it’s free
      off of Rt. 99 is Frederick Rd… turn left onto Daniels
      rd…. I grew up riding there… I now ride over here
      by Rt. 195/UMBC…. It is a little tech… good luck

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.