Man’s Best Friend

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

It’s hard to find someone to ride with on a Wednesday afternoon. My pup, Dolley Madison, was all for it!

Taking a minute for a quick dip!

Well deserved mid-ride break!

Dolley tearing up the singletrack, stick in mouth…

End of the day with one happy pup! 😃

You’re so lucky to have such an energetic riding buddy. Great pics.

Thanks! I try to take her with me when I can. Some places are crazy about the leash laws. I’ve never had a fellow mountain biker say anything, but bird watches and equestrian riders are another story. Can you believe that after being home for only 30 minutes, she brought me her Frisbee?! 😆

"PSUtuna" wrote

Thanks! I try to take her with me when I can. Some places are crazy about the leash laws. I’ve never had a fellow mountain biker say anything, but bird watches and equestrian riders are another story. Can you believe that after being home for only 30 minutes, she brought me her Frisbee?! 😆

Oh yeah, I believe you without a doubt. Dogs are tireless, unlike us 😀

I’d love to take my dog on rides but she’s uber-unsmart and would take off after the first woodland creature and I’d never see her again 😀

I always try to make the dog owners feel welcome but sometimes its very exciting to say the least when you come across them. My brother and I were riding thunder rock downhill at tanasi(before they paved it) and about halfway down, made a right turn and there was a dog in the middle of the trail. Had we gone left, we would have both been killed by the drop and it was a rock wall on the right so we both just tucked and rolled.

I guess that’s to say time and place for everything 😀

"schwim" wrote

My brother and I were riding thunder rock downhill at tanasi(before they paved it) and about halfway down, made a right turn and there was a dog in the middle of the trail.

Yeah, I’m not sure it would be too wise to have a dog on a DH ride. Not only would I worry about the other riders, but I’d worry about my dog… and possibly the stick she shoves in my front wheel spokes. 😆

Nice! I’ve always wanted to take mine, but they are hunting dogs. I wouldn’t get very far because they’d want to check each bush for a pheasant or quail!

One of my riding buddies brings his dog out on rides. She’s very well trained now, but she used to get caught up in a wheel every now and then. If its a choice between me and the dog, the dogs gonna take a hit… Just saying!

"mtbgreg1" wrote

If its a choice between me and the dog, the dogs gonna take a hit… Just saying!

Indeed. As long as the pet owner knows where dogs stand in the hierarchy of the injury pyramid, it’s all good.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

One of my riding buddies brings his dog out on rides. She’s very well trained now, but she used to get caught up in a wheel every now and then. If its a choice between me and the dog, the dogs gonna take a hit… Just saying!

Same reason I would never take my dog out riding. Besides the fact that he’s allergic to literally everything in the world, I’m pretty sure the first thing he would do is wander right into my bike

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.