Magicshine

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve been thinking about buying a light to get into night riding. I remember reading this review on a Magicshine light on Singletracks last year:

http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-ge … in-action/

Sounded like a decent light for the money, but with a few durability issues. Has anyone else tried one of these? What’s your recommendation.

I know Jeff and Corey have both used them regularly and they’ve been solid. I’ve borrowed a few and they’ve worked fine for me.

thanks Greg!

I’ve had that light for several years now and haven’t had any problems.

I’m on the 3rd year of using my MJ808. Still works like a champ!!

Two years with mine and it’s still going strong. I’ve come across people on the trail with lights that cost 5 times my setup and the output was comparable.

I own two of the MagicShine 900 lumen lights. I have had them for about 3 years and I have never had a problem. They charge fast (I don’t leave them unattended while charging because I have heard the batteries can overheat and start a fire if they overcharge) and the battery has plenty of power for 3 hour night rides. I switch between power settings depending on the terrain. I am very happy with them

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.