Looking to upgrade my rear brake rotor from 160mm to 180mm

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Looking to upgrade my rear brake rotor from 160mm to 180mm

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

What’s up, 

I’m looking to upgrade my rear brake rotor from 160mm to 180mm rotor but I’m having a hard time Trying to figure out what 180mm adapter I’d need. The whole post/post rear and post/IS rear is confusing me. Please can someone help clarify this for me! I have a 2017 GT Pantera Comp and the caliper is mounted between the dropouts. Thanks

I was going to jump in and tell you which adapter I used to size up my rear rotor, but after looking at a pic of your ride, the rear rotor mount is different.  My calipers mount at a very different angle in relation to the rotor (standard Shimano XT calipers).  But… what I did may work for you as well.  I went to a local mom/pop shop, and they were kind enough to let me rummage through their parts bin to find what I needed.  I’d try that route.  However, have you called Giant support?

Yep, this can be tricky because there are a lot of possible combinations. Most new brake sets come with a bunch of different adapters and mounting hardware, so if you saved those parts you might already have something that works. If the brakes came with the bike and you don’t have the hardware, I suggest going to your local shop like fredcook suggests and they can set you up.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.