looking into ideas for an all inclusive MTB vacation

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

My wife and I are looking into all inclusive MTB vacation ideas for later this year. We are both intermediate/advanced level riders and are more interested in non guided rides. Any firsthand experiences from this community would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Check into either Brevard, NC area (E coast) or the Sedona, AZ area (West).  They’re both pretty awesome.

I vacationed in Bryson City, NC last fall and loved it.  Great riding at Tsali and Fire Mountain, plus a whole lot of things to see and do besides riding.

I like this idea, but am not exactly sure what you are looking for in an all inclusive but not guided.  Air B&B where the owner is a local rider?  What is it that you want specifically?  I ask, because I’ve thought about this also.  Wondering what options are out there???

I have been enjoying a mountain bike solo safari up here in the Northeast: State owned cabins at state parks are cheaper than a motel, with that campground vibe…I booked a cabin close to some killer laps, and with an eye for local support.(breweries, restaurants, bike shops). I used to do a couple of days with the wife and kid, but lately i have done this solo. Either way link up some cool trails online, Google the area for support, and check out your state parks!t Stowe Vt.

Have a look at hut trips. Supported rides within the hut systems.

https://www.outsideonline.com/adventure-travel/top-10-hut-hut-mountain-biking-trips/

Here’s another hut system.

https://aquariustrail.com

Worth a look at the various places that offer similar opportunities.

I have had a few friends recently do AirBNB stays in the Bentonville area.  They are raving about it. I am hoping to get there soon.

Check out Mulberry Gap in Ellijay, GA: https://www.mulberrygap.com/

It’s a basecamp, if you will, to some of the best singletrack on the east coast. It’s family-run and they usually have family-style dinners and prepared sack lunches to take on your ride with you. You can camp or they have a number of cozy cabins–with hot tubs! They’ll even shuttle you to or from rides.

Happy riding!
      leah

You’re not giving a lot of info on the kind of riding you like, but the closest to “all-inclusive” in the mountain biking world I could think of would be a bikepark. Accomodations, food, and riding advice / lift access all in one place. In the rockies a place like Vail comes to mind – we were there a few years ago and there is both lift-serviced DH as well as a huge variety of trails to pedal very close. Tons of of destinations in europe, in the Alps and elsewhere, with tons of amenities for riding and otherwise – places like paganella, finale ligure, Zermatt, etc.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.