Looking for trail suggestions please

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi, I am going to be in LA for 2 weeks from 16-Jul for work (from Sydney Aus) and I’m hoping to escape for the weekend to do some biking. Was thinking of heading down to Bootleg Canyon, but then I saw the average daily temperature this time of the year. I assume riding there is unpleasant/unsafe. Any suggestions of alternatives? Bear in mind that I won’t have a car, so if it’s outside LA, I will need somewhere close to an airport. I hope to fly in on the Friday night, and leave early Monday morning. I’m training for a 100km Single-Track race in October, so would prefer somewhere where I can ride about 30-50km of similar terrain on both Sat and Sun. Thanks 🙂

Most of the stuff out West here is warm in July. Maybe not Las Vegas/Bootleg  style warm though. Bottles is know for it’s gnarly downhill and not so much for single track where you can get decent mileage in. It’d NOT what you asked for and I don’t know about not having a car but I would absolutely take the time to do a day of shuttle riding on Mt Wilson in the San Gabriel mountains above Pasadena. It’s pretty fantastic stuff and not a whole lot of work involved. I’m sure there are some LA riders that can show you some stuff to get some decent mileage in BUT you better be prepared to climb….and climb some more. Ask this same question over in the SoCal forum of MTBR as well.

Thanks for the information. You’ve given me plenty to work with 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.