Looking for new MTB for cross country mountain biking…Help

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Looking for new MTB for cross country mountain biking…Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys,

Was wondering if you could help me. Looking to buy a new MTB, I have an idea what I want.

Aluminium frame
      Good disk brakes
      At least 24 gears
      Roughly 20 inch frame as I’m 6’0/6’1
      Hard tail front suspension

Have a budget of around $750

I live in Ireland and need to get one online as the currency rate is really favorable for me at the moment. Anyone know where I can buy one online that will deliver to Ireland? Wanted a Trek 6000 Disk BADDDLY but no dealers sell Trek bikes online.

Recommendations would be brilliant as I am going to work off your advice as you guys seem to know your stuff…

Cheers
      Andy

I agree with your Trek 6000 choice…very nice components for the money.

Also try the Cannondale F5 (great aluminum frames) and the specialized Rockhopper and Rockhopper 29

I didn’t check out availability on-line but these are comparably equipped rigs from major mfg.\\

Good luck!!!

Don’t over look the Fisher also. Also look take a look at Voodoo they may not be a bad choice.

Ironhorse offers all of what you mentioned in your list. Especially price… I got my Warrior 4.0 for $635. It was a great deal for a really good bike. They only deal through the internet though so you really gotta search for them.

i’d go with anything from specialized its just a good bike the rockhopper is great my dad has one and he loves it. they last forever too if you maintain them well.

What kind of riding do you think you will be doing most of the time on the bike: ie. smooth cross country, aggressive trail/all mountain, commuting, freeriding, urban/street parks? It’ll be easier to suggest a specific model in your price range with a little more info about what and how you want to ride the bike.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.