Looking for Gainesville Riders

Tagged: 

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author

Im a UF student who loves to go mountain biking. Even though its not the safest idea, 9/10 i go alone. Just looking for some people to hit the local trails with and possibly show me some i don’t know about. Im in good shape and consider myself to be a good rider.

Just looking for some people to tear up some single track with!

Should find some riders here like GALAXY and a handful of others from your neck of the woods. I am on the east coast in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area, so getting up your way is only a few times a year.

Good luck and the best riding! Lots of collegiate riders here and up your way. Got the dual slalom at "The Rock" in Gainesville started by college students at UF.

Yeah thanks, I actually just rode the rock today. Kind of a bummer doing the dual slalom solo though lol

LOL! Yeah, but when ya lone rider, you gotta make the best out of it, but totally agree with you. A little competition is always a blast. 😄

My son is always trying to out ride me, but he always looses in the long run, but one day i will be the one left in the dust per say…. 😆 He’s good, but not that good yet… 😆

I’m probably going out to San Felasco tomorrow if you’re interested.

"chumps" wrote

I’m probably going out to San Felasco tomorrow if you’re interested.

I appreciate the invite, but I have to work all day tomorrow 😠 . I was probably heading to San Felasco Sunday though.

Watch out for the families walking four abreast with jogging strollers on the singletrack near the parking lot 😀

"chumps" wrote

Watch out for the families walking four abreast with jogging strollers on the singletrack near the parking lot 😀

Thanks for the heads up, that would be a great way to meet new people….by smacking into a baby stroller running wide open. 😮

I’m usually out at The Rock twice a week either working or riding.That dual slalom is only dual for the first half…then its a fight! Haha.I’m not in the best of shape,and really am not a cross country guy as far as doing 3 laps nonstop…I’ll stop for water a couple times,go back and hit something twice,stop and fix a log crossing or whatever.I usually do the main loop and a few runs up front in the bowl (strobe drop mostly) and do a little bit of trail work but if that sounds fun,let me know.

Yeah that sounds good. I usually only do a loop, maybe two if i have time as well as taking a break or two. I was probably either going to head there or to San Felasco today (tuesday) cause I never got out to it sunday 😕

unfortunately,a co-worker got detained by the fuzz…so I work more hours as of yesterday,haha.I’m not gonna make it today and not sure about tomorrow but Sat. I have off.

"GALAXY" wrote

unfortunately,a co-worker got detained by the fuzz…so I work more hours as of yesterday,haha.I’m not gonna make it today and not sure about tomorrow but Sat. I have off.

Talk about bad schedules. I have to work until 6 this saturday, but after that I will be getting off at 3 on saturdays

One of these days,haha.

Live a 140 miles away, now that’s a bad schedule. What a BUMMER! 😢

Thinking about heading down to Santos this weekend. Either that or San Felasco at least

"chumps" wrote

Thinking about heading down to Santos this weekend. Either that or San Felasco at least

Im free all day Sunday if that fits your schedule.

…and yeah, that kinda blows bonsai. 😐

I’ll be free sometime during the week if you want to meet somewhere between us. I would like to hit Balm Boyette again sometime soon. Although I have not been in the saddle for about a month and a half. Let me know. I have not been to the Tampa trails or any other up your way but with the price of gas I can not travel too far.

Razor

"RazorRay" wrote

I’ll be free sometime during the week if you want to meet somewhere between us. I would like to hit Balm Boyette again sometime soon. Although I have not been in the saddle for about a month and a half. Let me know. I have not been to the Tampa trails or any other up your way but with the price of gas I can not travel too far.

Razor

Yeah gas is getting a lil pricey, the only day I really have free during the week is Tuesdays, i don’t really know of any trails in between our locations very well. I am originally from Arcadia, Florida, not too far from Wachula

"RazorRay" wrote

Razor

Hey Razor, you still coming over my way (GFT) on the 6th of February, this coming Monday?

Sent ya a pm. will head your way

Balm boyette, Carter park are both a little over an hour a way from me. I am still a little green so let me know where you want to ride. ridgeline at Balm is fast. if you lift at the wrong time there is no landing. Carter has gotten faster but needs some maintenance. I plan on doing some work but not sure of anything major by myself. other than that I will don the basic of getting eye catchers of the trail.

"MERCE006" wrote

[quote="chumps":l5baxkxy]Thinking about heading down to Santos this weekend. Either that or San Felasco at least

Im free all day Sunday if that fits your schedule.

…and yeah, that kinda blows bonsai. 😐[/quote:l5baxkxy]
      Sunday sounds good then

I meant to let you know I’d be at the rock all day.Had to ask some kids on a dirtbike to stay off the slalom today…shame cause one of them had an Epic Meal Time Bacon Strips shirt on and I love that…however,not cool!.

I rode the bowl and worked on a jump up front all morning and went back with a friend this afternoon and rode until he cracked his steering tube…then we went back to the bowl and fixed the bridge and had a few beers,haha.

Going to head out in a bit… still undecided on Santos vs San Felasco today…

"chumps" wrote

Going to head out in a bit… still undecided on Santos vs San Felasco today…

well let me know what you decide.Its super bowl sunday and i wanna get out and back before all the festivities begin 😃

San Felasco then? Either place we would back before kickoff but SF is obviously a lot closer. Want to meet me out there? Say, 12:00?

Yeah sounds good. Ill be driving a ’08 black chevy silverado.

Okay cool..see you there. I’m in a gold Impala.

I’m from Gainesville. I used to ride A LOT as a kid, then fell out of it when I started driving. I got a bike for Christmas and have been trying to ride at least once a week. Work and family life make that hard sometimes, but oh well. I like to ride San Felasco and The Rock. Split Rock/20th Ave Trails are near my house so I enjoy them too. I generally ride on Sundays, noonish till I’m too tired to keep going. I can ride pretty well, but I gotta work on my endurance. Like I said, I haven’t ridden in a while, so my lungs slow me down quite a bit, but I’m working on that!

No one suggested the bike shop rides? I’m suggesting the bike shop rides.

I believe Super Cool Bike Shop rides on Mondays, Mr. Goodbike on Wednesdays, and Bikes and More on Fridays (I’d call first or check out their Facebook pages). Each starts and ends at the shops. Great people on those rides who were beginner friendly.

Now that I’m living near Orlando, I really miss how easy it was to get out riding with a group (not to mention how many trails there were right outside my door).

Viewing 29 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.