Looking for a Trail bike maybe 29er

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Leaning towards a 29er with 120mm travel front and rear. I want something that climbs long rocky ascents well. So I don’t want to lock the rear shock out. Perhaps a DW link design?  Head tube angle should be in the under 69 but probably 67.5 or more.  Prefer something with a higher stack height but will put risers on if necessary. Budget is $4k for complete bike and preferably $2500 frame only. I want efficient climber that is flickable and corners well. Don’t want it too slack as it seems to effect cornering and climbing.

I’ve heard very good thing about the Trek Fuel EX, it seems to fit the bill exactly for what you are looking for.

There are tons of bikes that fit the bill.  I bought a Cannondale Trigger recently that does everything you’re looking for.  The Habit is a 27.5 bike but seems to be something you should check out.  Not sure what trails you are riding but the Marin Rift Zone (while a touch slacker than you’re looking for) is also a great bike.

stumpjumper comp 29 is pretty nice.

If you can find a dealer, check into the Rocky Mountain Instinct, Breezer Supercell, and the Orbea Occam lines.  Each of these reviews is on the top end of the line which is above your budget, but each line has less expensive models.

Final Review: Rocky Mountain Instinct 999 MSL

Test Ride Review: Breezer Supercell

Test Ride Review: Orbea Occam TR

Look at Canfield Bros. but if you really want DW, i’ve heard nothing but good things about the Ibis Ripley. Many owners are slapping 140s on the front, too.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.