Looking at another bike

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I found a GT Avalanche for sale on craigslist and am going to look at it shortly.
      I don’t know if it is a 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0. It is $100. Will this be a good bike and hold up for awhile? It is a large and I am 6′ tall, will it be too big for me? The guy who has it said he is 6′ 3" tall and it is comfortable for him.
      By the time I receive a reply, it will probably be too late to help, but I would like peoples opinions on this bike.
      Larry

EDIT – I bought the bike. It is a 3.0. I don’t know how old it is, but it doesn’t have disk brakes like the ones on their website. It has Capa CL RST forks on it. I haven’t looked at the Carnks and shifters, but they work perfectly. When they say they are in a gear, that is what gear they are in. Really a quiet ride also. It is a lot lighter than the Mongoose I just got rid of yesterday. It feels like it weighs about 20Lbs. I think I got a decent bike for $100.
      Larry

"Mongoose" wrote

If memory serves me right, the Avalanche was a disc brake ready frame, but I could be wrong. If it is, I would definitely reccomend upgrading to some descent mechanical disc brakes, like the Avid BB7’s or the Hayes MX1 or 2. Other than that, if the bike rides well, then "RIDE ON" bro, and have fun while you are doing it.

You are correct about the disk ready frame. I was wondering if it would have disks when I went to look at it, because all the 3.0’s I saw while researching it had them.
      I think it will serve me well.
      Larry

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.