Let’s give a warm welcome to…

Tagged: ,

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

The newest member of singletracks.com, me!

My name is Kevin, and I’m a Canadian downhiller. I’ve dabbled in nearly every kind of biking for the last 10 years and I’ve settled on downhilling as my niche of choice. In the last 4 years I’ve developed a passion for building trails equal to that of riding them. My life has revolved around mountain biking since I started, it’s my "raison d’etre". I’ve been across this great country riding and meeting those who ride. I currently own 4 bikes, an Intense M3, a Norco Shore, a Cove Sanchez and a Giant NRS.
      And here’s a taste of my trails.
      Thanks!

Welcome Bob the Builder and nice self introduction by the way.Those bike’s are lookin pretty gnarly dude,and so are the picks.Like Chilipepper said,you guys will get along pretty well with you both being FR’s.

My life has revolved around mountain biking since I started, it’s my "raison d’etre".

I think I can figure out what this means,but give us a clairification if you will.I’m thinkin Chilipepper could tell us what it means as well,he is a knowelgable dude. 😉

JDH
      My life has revolved around mountain biking since I started, it’s my "raison d’etre".
      I think I can figure out what this means,but give us a clairification if you will.I’m thinkin Chilipepper could tell us what it means as well,he is a knowelgable dude. 😉

If I remeber my high school French it means "reason for being". I may be off, it’s been years since high school.

That’s pretty much what I thought it meant,I think we all feel this way about mtn biking in our own respects.I myself am a Trail Rider first,which of course involves a little of everything like dh,climbs,technical,sweet st,am,fr,etc..but like I said,I’ll never bail on the trail……….

So tell us Bob the Builder,how did you come by singletracks.com?

I met element22 2 weeks ago through a friend when he came to my trails. We got to talking and Syd said he would like to do an article on my trails. I’m almost done part one of a series of articles I’m writing for singletracks entitled "Trailbuilding 101". I’m looking forward to contributing more if you like my first article!

Welcome , Im new here also.

Damm Late again….

Hey BTB… Finally you made it.

Hey Folks meet…eeerrr some of you already have met..Bob_the_builder… Super great guy. If any of you have any questions to ask on trails and building ask him..

Hopefully soon you will hear a whole bunch more on trail building from him..

The next season he and I will be hitting a whole bunch of trails together and hopefully you can get a few of his points of view on some products as well!

Cheers

And welcome Bob

If any of you have any questions to ask on trails and building ask him..

I’ll start.What are the important things to know before beginning to build a trail from the very start?

Hey,welcome bro! I’m pretty new here myself and it’s a great site.

I’ve always sort of enjoyed trimming back trails and modifying things a bit and just recently built a small trail in the yard.I basically used the path that had been walked through the trees but got adventurous and made a small ladder bridge to cut a loose corner and get speed before a jump.

Any tips on ladder bridges?

"Bob_the_Builder" wrote

I met element22 2 weeks ago through a friend when he came to my trails. We got to talking and Syd said he would like to do an article on my trails. I’m almost done part one of a series of articles I’m writing for singletracks entitled "Trailbuilding 101". I’m looking forward to contributing more if you like my first article!

Hey Bob. I like the "Bob the Builder" name since you are big on building trails. Its fitting.

This is awesome. We got a trailbuilding guy now that is willing to share some info. I’ll wait for the article to see what it says before I ask any questions but I got a bunch. Where I live out land is all downhill for about 20 acres. And by downhill, I mean some spots you have the option to either roll down a 20 foot slope that you cannot stand on (have to use all fours to get up or down when walking) or I could huck it and hope for the best. I haven’t done it yet but I have been trying to see get and idea of some different lines that I could cut through the woods. I was wanting to do this as a winter project this winter so I could have it done and ready come real riding season. I would really want to inclue and take advantage of whats already there in terms of the terrain rather than make the terrain what i want it. Of course i know that I will have to make some so it will be what I want it. Anyway, there might be more ambitious trail builders than myself and they might have more/better things to ask about. Its good to have ya here and I am really looking forward to having some more dedicated trail building "how-to" topics be discussed and all. That question that steve32300 asked was a good one that I think that alot of us may fall short on realizing.

CYA around

"steve32300" wrote

I’ll start.What are the important things to know before beginning to build a trail from the very start?

Excellent question Steve. It just so happens that the first installment of my series, Trailbuilding 101, is entitled Before the Shovel: First Steps. I’d be happy to answer specific questions after my articles are released if your questions aren’t answered by the end of the series. Cheers!

"Bob_the_Builder" wrote

[quote="steve32300":36pj4k03]

Excellent question Steve. It just so happens that the first installment of my series, Trailbuilding 101, is entitled Before the Shovel: First Steps. I’d be happy to answer specific questions after my articles are released if your questions aren’t answered by the end of the series. Cheers![/quote:36pj4k03]

do you know about how long it will be till we get to read you articles/blog

Welcome, Nice collection

do you know about how long it will be till we get to read you articles/blog

prolly in a couple days. the first article is almost done i just have to add pics and edit.

Welcome aboard Bob the Builder. I see some of the other guys here are as facinated by your knowledge on trail building as I am. I look foward to your articles.

Are your trails all downhill oriented, or do you dabble in cross country too?

"Bob_the_Builder" wrote

[quote="steve32300":14euv559]

Excellent question Steve. It just so happens that the first installment of my series, Trailbuilding 101, is entitled Before the Shovel: First Steps. I’d be happy to answer specific questions after my articles are released if your questions aren’t answered by the end of the series. Cheers![/quote:14euv559]

Sweet! I was just pondering as I was riding between classes this morning, that whenever I finally settle down in one spot for long enough I REALLY want to invest in building some new trail. Not just maintaing, but putting some serious sweat into building a new system.

"element22" wrote

So here i was today, checking out a new trail (can’t say where yet,its secret). Great place with ten to 15 foot drops with sweet transitions, awesome flowing trails…And well one littlr gap and i cased it, flipped and toasted my clavical. Broke in one spot near shoulder…Out for six weeks.

Welcome aboard B.T.B.
      Were you riding with element22 when he broke his clavical? Just trying to put 2-and-2 together here (i.e. secret trail)

Unfortunately yes…But he was two riders up leading.

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Yeah, Element is a cool dude! Very bike knowledgeable as well. Hopefully one day I can give Element a run for his money some day on some DH or Fr trails. 😆 😆 😆

Hey Impulse, hows your bro doing (blackcomb)? You guys getting any riding in at all, especially the Pisgah trails?

Not much lately seems when i feel i get a break its raining.. Or i dont get much as a break as i thought i would.. Kinda sad feels like i cant get a slow down in life working at office depot making $7.25 a hour lol…

Viewing 18 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.