Less Seat Riding

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all My Name is Scott Currently riding in PA .. I recently have had a bad case of the bad back/neck mostly spine issues more so than muscle issues. Without going into to much details between riding and just general everyday living I am currently in bad shape . Going to an accupuncturast on thursday ..

Anyway i am sure that this is a very common problem no need for condolenses etc I am not dieing just uncomfortable.. Though this is the first time since I have started riding that I actually can’t / won’t ride.

but back to my question has anyone found the need or does not ride with a seat or just lowered. it obviously adds pressure on the spine etc. when sitting…….. up hill I am all about a higher gear and standing up .. Down hill the same .. it’s that general mild slopes etc and just to give the legs a break deal..

Like I mentioned I can’t see back / spine pain not being very common any suggestions etc would be awesome..

I would look into a Thudbuster seatpost. It will give you around an inch and half of adjustable travel to keep you from destroying your spine and is cheaper to replace than your balls. I would definitively not recommend riding without a seat. [url:fi5504bb]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OCMR0Y?ie=UTF8&qid=1221684088&sr=1-2[/url:fi5504bb]

If you have not done so already have your LBS check your seat and handle bar positions.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.