Las Vegas Recommendations

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I’ll be in Vegas in a couple of weeks and would like to get in some trail riding.  I know I can get one day to ride (maybe two).  If only one, though, which trail system is a “must do”?  Blue Diamond?  Bootleg Canyon?  Also, best place to rent bike?

Hey there,

I rode on the blue diamond trails and took my adventure all the way to the “dead horse loop”. It was about 25 miles and worth it. A bunch of uphill on the way there but nothing to extreme. Just after the turn to the way back you will hit a section called “3 mile smile” which is a hell of a good time.

Rented my bike from McGhies (located right in the town of Blue Diamond). It was about a $25 UBER ride from the strip. The guys there are super helpful and will give you maps for free. From the shop the trails start on the other side of the street, perfect location. A link to their shop is below. Hope this helps!!

http://mcghies.com/articles/blue-diamond-store-pg293.htm

Hey there! Bootleg Canyon is awesome. I think the local bike shop All-Mountain Cyclery operates a weekend shuttle fall-spring so you can get in more laps. Bootleg is famous for its gnarly DH trails, but there are good all-mountain, XC options, too.

For traditional XC pedaling and miles, check out the Cottonwood Valley Trail system. It is about 15 miles west of Vegas.

When you’re in town, stop by a local bike shop and tell them what kind of riding you’d like to do. Our family always does this and the locals are always very helpful.

FOr cross country style of riding, I recommend Cowboy Trails.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.