Lansing, Mi to gulf shores, Al

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

My gf and I are driving down to gulf shores over our winter break from school and I want to do some MTBing on the way down and once I get there. We will be taking I-75 in ohio to I-71 in Ohio and Kentucky. Then finishing on I 65 the rest of the way down. (I’m willing to go off route to bike. Doesn’t have to be right by the route). Anyone from those areas know good trails of any kind along the route?

You’ve got tons of options right along your route! Brown County Park in Indiana has about 30 miles of trail. I have not ridden there, but I hear nothing but good things about the park. For something different, you could stop at the Mega Cavern in Louisville which is an underground bike park.

In Alabama, there is 60 miles of great technical riding at Monte Sano State Park in Huntsville. Oak Mountain in Birmingham has a little bit of everything. And of course, don’t forget about Coldwater Mountain in Anniston. That would take you about an hour out of the way to the east, but it’s well worth the detour.

I will second the Brown County State Park vote. Very very awesome

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.