La Ruta De Los Conquistadores: Nov 2-5

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

La Ruta De Los Conquistadores, widely regarded as one of the most challenging bike races in the world, begins tomorrow!

“I didn’t think I could make it.” he tell the crowd, “there was a lot of pain..” he flaters and breaks down in tears, thrusting his face into his hands… A wave of applause and cheer rises from the beach and I begin to understand the power of this event.

This is why Roman bears the burden of LA RUTA. Why he brings to organize this logistical nightmare, this viciously punishing event. Why his young staffers sleep three hours for minimal pay. Why riders around the world are willing to submit themselves to the tribulations and natural wonders of Costa Rica. This race exist to teach people what they can overcome.

Roman told me at one point during the race, “Just like in life LA RUTA is about taking what you´re given and coming out on top.”
      “Surviving man,” he said, with a flash of steely blue eyes… “Surviving.”

~ By Mitchell Scott BIKE MAGAZINE / May 2004

Contenido original de: La Ruta de Los Conquistadores : Competitors List http://larutadelosconquistadores.com/ru … z1cTcylhVg
      Copyright 2011 La Ruta de Los Conquistadores

Even more than Leadville, this is a dream of mine.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.