Klein Adept Race – seeking valuation?

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Klein Adept Race – seeking valuation?

--
SHARES

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  gwandsh 6 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

I have a Chehalis-built Klein Adept Race from 2002. It’s the blue fade color.
    It is set up for trail, with a newer Marzocchi MX Comp fork, decent disc wheelset and BB7 brakes. Original 9X3 drivetrain – XT and LX (fr). Nothing fancy, it is a compromise between light weight and durable, maintainable components. I am an AARP aged trail rider, with a relaxed and responsible approach to trails.

It is in good to very good condition, with a few rubs and chips on the wear sections of the frame. No dings, cracks or such, and embarrassingly little wear on drivetrain. Everything works well, although I will need to do a seal on the shock in the next year.

Anyways, my dream bike came up on a local Craigslist ad, and I got thinking of an upgrade. The price would be unrealistic to own two bikes. Wondering what the world thinks my Klein is worth, should I decide to sell/buy. I really like my Klein a lot, always thought the geometry was sweet. So if it’s worthless in todays’ market, that would decide things for me.

Appreciate any constructive and knowledgeable insights you might have.
    Cheers