Kind Words from Elected Official.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

The Big Creek mountain bike trails are popular and offer some great riding, training and if you live in Roswell Ga. it is close. It features easy to demanding trails and has a freeride track and a pump track was just built. The trails are well kept(closed in bad weather) and run in different directions depending on the day. The City of Roswell is looking for a place to put a new fire house and quess where they MIGHT put it. Yep part of the trail area near a road. I’m not a political guy by nature but I sent a email to the Mayor and recieved this:

As a fellow mountain biker, I appreciate your support for the Big Creek Mountain Bike Park. There are no plans to close down the entire trail. The Council is only considering closing down those areas adjacent to Old Alabama Road. I share your opposition to this proposal.

MAYOR JERE WOOD

City of Roswell

Phone: 770-594-6288

Fax: 770-594-6414

http://www.roswellgov.com

I knew Jere was a mountain biker but was really pumped by his responce. I guess some of the people we put in office do work. Will keep everyone posted as things do or don’t happen. We’ll see!

That seemed to work out nicely…it is a bummer they want to build a fire station over the mountain bike trail but at least were I am from fire stations aren’t that big and that could be some fun riding, all around the firehouse to connect to the old trails…you never know, maybe a fire fighter or two would start riding.

Yeah Big Creek is just a great trail system and I would hate for this to happen. if they do follow throgh with this plan, where else would i ride local? Think of all the events they hold! that would be a big loss to the community.

Guys look at the bright side! If they put it in, they would be right next door. So you could go a little harder on the freeride/downhill parts!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.