Kali Amara Helmet First Look

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Kali sent me this helmet to test out a while back, here are my initial thoughts on this cool little helmet:
      http://www.themountainbikelife.com/2013 … eview.html

Built in light/camera mount is a good idea. Be cool to see a full review of the helmet with those attached.

"gar29" wrote

Built in light/camera mount is a good idea. Be cool to see a full review of the helmet with those attached.

It’s coming soon. 😀

I think I figured out why your old helmet smelled like a wet dog threw up in it:

😄

Good review! The helmet looks great and I’m surprised that they didn’t try to jack the price up with the addition of the built in light/cam mount.

Yeah, I was surprised also. They are reasonably priced. To bad I have a newer Giro, I’d like to try one of these out.

Thanks!

I tried out the helmet cam mount today and it was solid…really impressed.

What camera did you mount to the helmet?

I like the mesh on the vents. That’s a nice touch. I actually have had a bee in my helmet before and can’t say that I have ever seen that feature. Very cool.

Off topic, but nice looking Banshee. I am interested in the Paradox, but not a lot of Banshees around central VA. Have you ever ridden a Paradox? Thoughts?

Looking forward to the more in-depth review.

I have never had a bee in my mountain bike helmet before, but let me tell you about having a wasp walk out onto the visor of you helmet cooking down the highway around 90mph! Then you try to knock it off to only realize that it is on the inside of you visor!!! It was not a fun time for me while trying to get stopped on the shoulder of the interstate!!

"fleetwood" wrote

What camera did you mount to the helmet?

I like the mesh on the vents. That’s a nice touch. I actually have had a bee in my helmet before and can’t say that I have ever seen that feature. Very cool.

Off topic, but nice looking Banshee. I am interested in the Paradox, but not a lot of Banshees around central VA. Have you ever ridden a Paradox? Thoughts?

Looking forward to the more in-depth review.

I am using an old GoPro 960, it came with the mount for it…used it again yesterday, have not looked at the footage yet but I didn’t even notice it on my head after the first 15 feet.

I love my bike, I am actually selling my Rune frame and shock now…going to get a Prime. I have ridden the paradox a few times just around the park a bit…so no real riding and I liked it for what it was. After coming from a nice 6 and 6 bike it was a bit of a shock but it was fun. 😀

"Stl_Greaser" wrote

I have never had a bee in my mountain bike helmet before, but let me tell you about having a wasp walk out onto the visor of you helmet cooking down the highway around 90mph! Then you try to knock it off to only realize that it is on the inside of you visor!!! It was not a fun time for me while trying to get stopped on the shoulder of the interstate!!

LOL, I can imagine that would not be a good time.

I was flying down the road once and I had what I can assume was a bee or large insect hit me in my glasses…and damn that hurt.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.