Just got nt first real MTB

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Just got nt first real MTB

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I have been riding a cheap Wal-Mart FS bike. I have been looking at a good entry level bike for a few weeks. With lots of reading on here and looking in the LBS, I test rode a Jamis 29er, Specialized 29er, and Trek Marlin 29er. I did not like the Jamis, fork was way too sofe (and I’m a big boy). I like the Specialized. Yesterday I rode the Marlin and really liked it.

All 3 of these bikes were at different LBS’s. The guy at the Trek store took the time to set the bike up for me just for a test ride. Which I think made it feel a little better for me. That on top of a 15% discount off the $639.99 price tag it was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

I just picked it up today and can’t wait to get home and ride!!!

Hope to get my girl interested in MTB by letting her ride the Wal-Mart bike and see if she likes MTB’ing, if so we will get her a good bike.

Thanks for all the great info on the site which helped me find a bike and get one.

enjoy your new bike

Enjoy!!!!! hopefully your GF will like it too

PK1

Start with flatter, smoother trails with the GF. Go only to places you know well. Minimize the hike a bike. I’m working on this one too. For some beginners there is nothing worse than being lost in the woods pushing bikes over rock gardens and up hills. Even downhills that I love to rip (best part of riding!) are not always as much fun for beginners. Good luck!

We need to decide, once and for all, whether GF stands for ‘GirlFriend’ or ‘Gary Fisher’

Although reversing them can make for some hilarious reading… 😆

I’d rather ride the GF any day!

"ltud" wrote

I’d rather ride the GF any day!

I’m with you on that one I rather ride the GF any day…. 😆 😆 😄

Both of the GF’s 😉

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.