Joining the Dark Side

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I’m going over to the dark side!

Ok, not really, but I DID get a new-to-me cross training tool for my birthday! It’s definitely not going to take the place of my mountain bike, but I think the convenience of riding right out my front door will just let me ride MORE total miles than ever before.

It’s already been pretty sweet, especially since I live right on the Six Gap route, one of the best road rides on the east coast!

MTI

Hey man. Treason is a capital offense! However,since I enjoy your articles so much and i value you as a source of information, I’ll have to think of some other punishment. Don’t get hit by a car!

"MTI" wrote

Hey man. Treason is a capital offense! However,since I enjoy your articles so much and i value you as a source of information, I’ll have to think of some other punishment. Don’t get hit by a car!

Haha thanks for giving me a break man!

I hope to get a road bike, too, but if I do, it’ll be a Trek, of course.

Enjoy the ride!! I enjoy a good road ride semi often myself!

"Funrover" wrote

Enjoy the ride!! I enjoy a good road ride semi often myself!

Thanks man!

Roadies are good fun, and make an excellent addition to a MTBer’s stable. They’ll make you strong!!! And like Greg said, being able to ride right out of the driveway without driving somewhere is a huge bonus. I bought one a few months ago and have been mostly using it for commuting to work a few days a week, which has let me double the amount of saddle time I get every month. I’m stronger and fitter on the MTB than I ever have been.

Unlike many on this site I came to mountain biking from the road. My road bike is still the one that gets the most miles each year. Its a different experience than riding off road and its great to be able to switch back and forth to add variety.

Days like yesterday it’s nice to have a roadie (especially one with fenders) if you [i:crkc8m9p]really[/i:crkc8m9p] want to ride, despite the weather. 45*F and raining on the way home yesterday. Good Snake mental preparedness training haha.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.