Is this bike worth the buy

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

New to mountain biking and don’t exactly know what’s a great deal or not. I need a bike that is capable on the down hill and that isn’t to hard to climb with, I thought maybe this bike was a good solution. My price range is 1500 max and I negotiated this one down to 1400 with fox forks included.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2396733/

I have not ridden that model Santa Cruz, but they are good bikes, and if it is in good shape I would say is worth the money, and probably more than capable for riding a bit of everything.

You pay a penalty with 26″ wheels. Slower and more rocks will stop you. Newer more progressive geometry makes descending easier. If young and have a strong back, just buy a hardtail.

That is a wonderful bike. I’ve ridden one several times. If in good shape is well worth the money. I still ride a 26 inch bike that I built in 07. I also ride an old 29er and sure, it excels where everyone says larger tires should, but honestly, I’m not that finely tuned. I just like to ride. A good 26er should provide you with years of good riding. Santa Cruz has never made a bad bike

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.