Is this a good deal at $100?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Off Craigslist. Lower-end components, but rides pretty well. What it has going for it is it’s condition – barely ridden.

i believe that is the 2010 model, and those go for $370 new if thats in GA and you dont snatch it up i WILL!

I think its a 08 and the rims are worth 100, looks 15-17" range based on the pitch of the top tube. Probably bought for a kid who didn’t know what he wanted and now wants a "road bike" or "bmx". I’d pick it up as a spare or loaner bike, perfect for the person at work/school who has all sorts of questions but no money to buy a bike.

You can always tell the new 10’s vs the older models because the 10’s have some ramped up beefy integrated head tube thing that looks like it weights 10 pounds.

It’s a 2007 model and it’s really in good shape. No blemishes that I can see.

I took it out for a spin this morning. Combination of paved and dirt singletrack riding. It held up all right – the only thing is that it’s a little heavy and not very nimble. But considering the price point, and the price I paid for it, I’m not complaining.

BTW it’s a 16 in. frame.

"idontplaynice" wrote

It’s a 2007 model and it’s really in good shape. No blemishes that I can see.

I took it out for a spin this morning. Combination of paved and dirt singletrack riding. It held up all right – the only thing is that it’s a little heavy and not very nimble. But considering the price point, and the price I paid for it, I’m not complaining.

BTW it’s a 16 in. frame.

Nice, everytime something like this comes up around here I get no response from the sellers. They changed only the front fork between 07 and 09, same amount of travel @ 63mm.

How tall are you? the nimble thing might be a sizing issue.

For $100 bucks its a great deal, you can get a taste of what its like to mountain bike and then when you want more you can give or sell the bike to another beginner and have a new riding partner.

"Badcrow" wrote

[quote="idontplaynice":2yr06kot]It’s a 2007 model and it’s really in good shape. No blemishes that I can see.

BTW it’s a 16 in. frame.

Nice, everytime something like this comes up around here I get no response from the sellers. They changed only the front fork between 07 and 09, same amount of travel @ 63mm.

How tall are you? the nimble thing might be a sizing issue.[/quote:2yr06kot]

I’m 5′-7" so it’s my size.

sounds like a score to me!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.