is there a better tire than Conti Trail King 2.4, really!

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum is there a better tire than Conti Trail King 2.4, really!

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

JBX

Let me know if you have found something better for rocky, rooty, aggressive trail riding

Judging by the amount of responses I’d say no way! Personalty I’ve never used them, I’m still on my Kenda small blocks that came on my Cannondale. Ok for hard pack, rock, or pavement but I’m looking at different options.

I was going to buy trail kings on my 29er ghost,but went for mountain kings instead and can’t fault them at all,and if you see what I have ridden though ice ,snow,rocks muddy mountains plus fast rolling on Tarmac,I may try the trail kings on my new 26er when it’s finished being built up ready for the winter buy the way my mountain kings are 2.2 atvb steve

Not that I’ve found. Great tire!

I once accidentally bought a set of Mountain Kings and didn’t realize it until I was on the trail. How could I not only buy the wrong tire but mount it without realizing what I’d done? 😳

Partway into a rather frustrating ride, I’d realized what I’d done. The MKs were a decent tire, and actually provided a little less rolling resistance, but in the aggressive stuff, I really missed my Trail Kings.

2.2 Trail Kings came on my 29er El Mar. I have been very satisfied with them. They roll great and hook up well too. Width wise the 2.2s are huge, not a whole lot of difference in them and the 2.4s. I will probably try the 2.4 on front for my next tire. I got a year of use on the rear tire and a year and a half on the front tire and I ride a lot.

JBX

my bike came with xkings 2.4 and I thought those were awesome, but after the side walls got shredded on rocks and ladders, I got the trail king with sidewall protect and aggressive knobs, The TK performance is immediately evident in cornering and through technical riding, I went to 2.4 upfront and 2.2 in the back!

Haven’t tried them. But, My Ardent 2.4s bite everything, no issues, ever. So I suppose I’d have to try.
      😃
      -GT

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.