iron horse

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Looking at an entry level bike for a friend and was wondering if anyone has opinions of the Iron Horse Warrior 1.3? of all places, Dick’s Sporting Goods has it on sale for $300 and seemed like a great deal for an entry level. They also have a DB Response (not sure if it’s a Comp or not). Thanks for the info.

That was my first ‘real’ mtb. I still have it and pull it out on occassion. If you want to get out on the trail with something relatively reliable and upgradeable with as little money as possible it’s perfect. The front fork leaves much to be desired, but it does do what is required.
      My only problem with the bike was the tektro brakes SUCK! Constantly re-aligning, squeeking, and in need of adjustment. If you like the game then with your first $100 you can part with go buy some BB7s from some place like pricepoint. I put a 185mm rotor up front and a 160 in the rear. For the front you will need to get the Avid CPS disc brake adapter for 185mm if you decided to go with a 1855mm rotor up front.

The tires are okay, I put vlociraptors on mine and was very happy.

Let us know what you decide!

Heres a pic.

Nice home brew setup!

Actually I was going to then I changed my mind at the last minute and rode a local trail, I am eager for someone to show me around that place went there a few weeks ago road about 20 miles which was some getting lost. How was camping? It looks like its mostly set up for RV’s.

"Mongoose" wrote

Hey RunandBike0519,

Were you at Santos this weekend? That MTB looks real familiar. Just curious. I was at Santos since last Thursday and returned home today. We left two days early due to the freezing cold weather. Not very nice camping in a tent. Ya know what I mean?!?!

Ah man, cold nights in the tent are the best. Just got to make sure the kids got their own ten 😼

Thanks for the comments on the rig, one of these days I may actually finish it and make something with it.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.