Iowa Beginner Trails

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I used to mountain bike years ago and am trying to get back into it. I tried a trail a couple years ago and it was too advanced for me so I was wondering if anyone knew of some beginner to moderate trails in central Iowa?
      If you’re not familiar with Iowa then can you point me to a resource that can show me trails and difficulty levels here?
      Thanks,
      Andy

Welcome to Singletracks! Have you checked the trails page and searched for Iowa? This link is for Iowa as a whole, but you can use the search function to narrow down trails by area. The trails are rated like ski trails, green is easiest, blue is intermediate and black is expert.

"gar29" wrote

Welcome to Singletracks! Have you checked the trails page and searched for Iowa? This link is for Iowa as a whole, but you can use the search function to narrow down trails by area. The trails are rated like ski trails, green is easiest, blue is intermediate and black is expert.

Thanks Gar29! Funny cause I posted this question before even really exploring the full site.
      Apologies but thank you.

Not a problem! I’ve been guilty of forgetting the search function many times! 😳

Welcome back to mountain biking, zamboknee!

Like gar29 pointed out, and you found out yourself, there is an Iowa section here on Singletracks. I tried to update as many listings as I could before I moved away a few years ago.

If you mean the Des Moines area when you say "central Iowa," you’re in for a treat. The Center Trails are a blast and right inside the city! Sycamore is also in town and a bit easier than the Center Trails. CITA has been making some improvements/expansions on both.

Over on the east side of the state, the Quad Cities have quite a few trail systems of varying difficulty and Decorah, IA in the northeastern corner has some real lung busters! Seven Oaks over by Boone, IA is another real lung buster.

Rasmussen’s Bike Shop in West Des Moines will have some better knowledge on the local scene.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.