Introducing Myself and Kudos to the Forum

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Hello All,

I’ve been lurking these forums for a few weeks and finally decided to say hello.

I used to ride singletrack all the time, but the past few years have I’ve seen many changes in my life and I haven’t been able to ride nearly as much as I wanted to. Just like everybody else, jobs, family, responsibilities, etc. etc. just seemed to take bigger and bigger chunks of time and energy. I’m turning 33 in March, and I feel older than my time which is one of the reasons I want to get back into riding. I want to feel that rush again!

I’m determined to get back in the saddle and get riding again. I’m in the process of making some changes in my life (no more overtime at work, eating better, getting more exercise, etc.) so that I can spend more time with my family and also doing what I love to do during my "me" time.

I have a Jamis Durango 1.0 that’s a few years old now, so barring anything crazy wrong with the frame, I’m thinking about upgrading the front shock and making the move to clipless as the budget allows. As I get back into the swing of things, a new wheelset may be nice, too. I have to say that FS is really calling to me, especially with the gains that have been made compared to where FS was when I stopped riding regularly (which might get me to save for the FS rather than upgrading my current ride). When I stopped riding regularly Missy Giove and Tinker Juarez were riders that were featured regularly in my bike mags lol

Anyways, I also wanted to take a minute and say that reading through this forum has helped re-ignite the excitement that I always felt when I was riding. Come on spring!!

I also wanted to say that it’s been refreshing to read through a forum where questions have been answered with nothing but support and encouragement from more experienced riders (I find that’s becoming more and more difficult to find on the Interwebs!). So kudos to you guys for being encouraging and supportive of new and experienced riders alike 😃

Cheers,
      Loaf

Welcome back and welcome to ST.

Welcome back to mountain biking Loaf! I think you’ll have fun no matter what you’re riding so don’t get hung up on upgrading or buying a new bike just yet (though clipless pedals might be a good short term investment).

Welcome to the site!

Where do you live? You don’t have to wait for spring if you’ve got enough clothes 😀

Thanks for the warm welcome!

"trek7k" wrote

Welcome back to mountain biking Loaf! I think you’ll have fun no matter what you’re riding so don’t get hung up on upgrading or buying a new bike just yet (though clipless pedals might be a good short term investment).

You’re probably right – just need to get on the saddle in the first place lol

"schwim" wrote

Welcome to the site!

Where do you live? You don’t have to wait for spring if you’ve got enough clothes 😀

I live in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. Also known as FloodiPeg, Winterpeg, and Murderpeg lol

It’s actually been quite mild this winter, and there are riders out already even though there’s still white stuff all over. Other winters can get down to -40C, so generally people scurry whenever they’re outside.

Cheers,

Loaf

"Loaf" wrote

Other winters can get down to -40C, so generally people scurry whenever they’re outside.

Damn! I don’t blame them for scurrying! 😮

Welcome, welcome, welcome…

Welcome. Its a great forum. These guys have all the answers you will need. Just hearing about wheres you live makes me cold.

Hi everybody, im roburrito, im glad I found this forum.I have many question, and alot to learn.thanks for the hard work.

Welcome aboard Loaf & roburrito1! Mountain biking is a wild ride, and it can be painful sometimes, but it’s worth every minute of it 😄

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.