Industry 9 or Chris King Rear Hub

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

im looking to buy a new rear hub and i was looking at the I9 and Chris King hubs and was wondering if anyone one has ever used a I9 hub and if so does it have better/quicker engagement than the King hubs? also i know someone is going to want to bring up the Hope Pro II’s but thier engagement is not as fast as i would like.

The kings engage every 5 degrees and the I-9s engage every 3 degrees. 72 engagement points vs 120. FWIW, I have ridden a buddy’s Kings and they were pretty nice but he did complain about cold weather performance. No experience with I-9s.

Double post, sorry.

I own one of each. The I9 is quicker on the uptake and really sweet. The King is still great and runs like a champ. If money and spoke compatibility are no issue, I’d get the I9.

"seenvic" wrote

I own one of each. The I9 is quicker on the uptake and really sweet. The King is still great and runs like a champ. If money and spoke compatibility are no issue, I’d get the I9.

You can get the I9’s in a "standard" style that will work with normal spokes. It has the same internals as the ones w/the direct pull aluminum spokes.

From what I’ve read, both King and I9 are awesome, but I9 is maybe slightly better.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.