Industrial Nine DH150 Hubs……

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I got an opportunity to get a Industrial Nine (I9) DH150 for $380 to replace one of my rigs hubs that the freewheel sheared off. These normally run $425 plus, so it’s a good deal for me.

Any Industrial Hub users out there? How would you compare them to the CK ISO Disc stainless or aluminum rear hubs, or the DT Swiss 240s rear hub?

Any rider feedback on these would be sweet! Thanks in advance…. 😄

Industry Nine, not industrial 😉

I don’t have a set myself (too much $$$) but haven’t heard anything but good things, two of my riding buddies have them a love them. They’re loud. Super fast engagement. Born, breed, and manufactured in Pisgah National Forest in NC.

"dgaddis" wrote

Industry Nine, not industrial 😉

I don’t have a set myself (too much $$$) but haven’t heard anything but good things, two of my riding buddies have them a love them. They’re loud. Super fast engagement. Born, breed, and manufactured in Pisgah National Forest in NC.

Oh wow, I did not know they were manufactured in NC. That’s a AAA++ for me! 😄

Yeah, I need a fast engagement hub, and one that is known to be tough and hard to break. I like the louder hubs, or other words known as the "rattle snake rhythm"…LOL. 😄 I like making my presence known before I get there, plus I like that rattle snake sound. You should hear the Profile Hubs, they are twice as loud…LOL.

It comes down to either the Chris King ISO’s, DT Swiss 240’s, or the I9 DH150. I have to have a 150 x 12 hub, and not too many strong hubs with that spacing, and the CK’s & the DT Swiss hubs are a bit more pricey.

I like loud hubs too, and you’re right, the Profiles are loud!

Check this out: http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/06/02/ind … -are-made/

Quick blurb here: http://www.bikemag.com/gear/homegrown-i … ne-wheels/

The I9 hub is very nice, not only aesthetically but performance wise too. I rode a set of I9 hubs with their straight pull spokes laced to 823s for two seasons on my V-10. The engagement is unreal, and while others complain about excessive drag, I found that after a short break in period they roll just as good if not better than other high end hubs. Maintaining them is relatively easy and was done twice a season which took no longer than 20 minutes. At the end of the two seasons they only suffered from one broken pawl, a few nicks out of a few spokes, and some bearing play (bearing adjuster was maxed out).

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.