Indiana Trails and Conditions

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Discuss mountain bike trails and locations in Indiana and get the latest updates on trail conditions here. Send a PM to trek7k if you would like to be considered for the Indiana forum moderator position (don’t forget to include the name of the state you would like to moderate).

Good trail condition information for various Indiana trails can be found here:

http://www.hmba.org/smf/index.php#2

If there hasn’t been any posting activity for a trail you want to know about, just post and someone will most likely reply quickly. It’s a very active forum.

My family is looking to go on a family camping trip this summer, and we will be camping where ever there is a good mtbing trail. So i was just wondering what trails in Indiana can’t be passed up.

I’m not an Indiana native by any means but I have been reading a good bit about the trails in the Nashville area lately. They were featured as the runner up for the best trail network in the the US by BIKE magazine (March issue).

A quote from the magazine…

"This expanding trail system is quickly becoming a favorite destination for Midwest riders . Its 19 miles of singletrack is among the most varied terrain east of the Mississippi. From berms to steep switchbacks to tight trees to rock gardens, these trails have it all. And even more are on the way, with an ambitious expansion plan already in the works."

Since they are right there at the Hoosier National Forest you should be able to find some good places to camp as well and really make it a fun, family event. Good luck and have fun!

Here’s all of the scoop:

http://www.browncountymountainbiking.com

The trails are in Brown County State Park, not the Hoosier National Forest. There are an additional 50+ miles of legal trail in the Hoosier (Nebo Ridge and Hickory Ridge). There are over 150 miles of legal trail within a 30 minute drive of Nashville, Indiana.

Check out the new State Park trail map on the web site. I recommend watching the Hesitation Point downhill video to get a good idea of what the trails are like.

SWEET!

Thanks a lot. I was reading up on the MTB Trails link on here for Indiana, and that one came up on my list of possibilities. I will definitely have to talk to my fam. about this because it looks quite awesome!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.