Indian Creek Attempt

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Well I thought I would go look how covered this trail system was. I found out it’s a great place to go snowshoe for awhile now! The area is beautiful!! But it took me just shy of an hour to do around 2 miles and had to pedal downhill. Made for a great day, to bad I had to go to work or I would have kept going!

Fun stuff!

looks like a good work out, what is the suspension set up on the Range, what size tires do you have on it? looks like a pretty good sized rig with you bike leaned up to it

"IATyler" wrote

looks like a good work out, what is the suspension set up on the Range, what size tires do you have on it? looks like a pretty good sized rig with you bike leaned up to it

HAHAHA.. Not really.. I am short. It is a 3" suspension lift and 34" tires!

"Funrover" wrote

HAHAHA.. Not really.. I am short. It is a 3" suspension lift and 34" tires!

maybe is the bumpers and what look to be rock sliders that make it look taller, and does it have cut out wheel wells on it

Yep the front has been cut to allow room when flexed!

"Funrover" wrote

Yep the front has been cut to allow room when flexed!

well thats a pair of nice looking rigs

Thanks!

JDH

Funrover,

Now I see why you want a fat bike lol You guys have more snow down there then we have in town up here though I’m betting the temps down there are a little warmer then ours.

Funrover, I’ll bet that was slow going. Good way to burn off some calories.

We have rain, freezing rain, 33 degrees F today, and a chance of flooding. Glad I got a ride in yesterday. That snow you have is starting to look pretty good. Or Florida.

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

We have rain, freezing rain, 33 degrees F today, and a chance of flooding. Glad I got a ride in yesterday. That snow you have is starting to look pretty good. Or Florida.

Freezing rain… NO THANKS!!! Stay warm!

"JDH" wrote

Funrover,

Now I see why you want a fat bike lol You guys have more snow down there then we have in town up here though I’m betting the temps down there are a little warmer then ours.

lol.. yeah a Fat bike would be awesome!

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

CCR – Did you ride Douthat? Glad one of us got out. It just didn’t come together for me yesterday. When I went outside early this morning with the dog, it was barely drizzling and I thought, "not too bad". In short time, it was pouring. But we are a balmy 36 degrees compared to your 33! Anyway, I’m gonna go out on a limb and proclaim another weekend is going by without a ride. I guess I should just wax up the snowboard…starting to feel like winter, eh?

"fleetwood" wrote

[quote="CraigCreekRider":1ngzybes]Funrover, I’ll bet that was slow going. Good way to burn off some calories.

CCR – Did you ride Douthat? Glad one of us got out. It just didn’t come together for me yesterday. When I went outside early this morning with the dog, it was barely drizzling and I thought, "not too bad". In short time, it was pouring. But we are a balmy 36 degrees compared to your 33! Anyway, I’m gonna go out on a limb and proclaim another weekend is going by without a ride. I guess I should just wax up the snowboard…starting to feel like winter, eh?[/quote:1ngzybes]

Haven’t been to Douthat in a while. Been working on my duplex in Roanoke a lot. I can ride Mill Mountain from there without having to haul the bike anywhere, so thats been my ride of convenience lately. Good stuff there, just not enough of it. Funny, Snowshoe was getting rain this morning – thought for sure they would have fresh snow, but the higher you went the warmer the air was. Yea got to wax and sharpen my skiis. We don’t have the really good stuff like our friends out there in Colorado, but West Virginia will have to do. Kind of like with mountain biking, we just don’t have the big verticals they have. Gives me a reason to head west whenever I can get there. Hit Breckenridge and Keystone a couple of years ago. That was a blast.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.