In the zone ride…..

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Well I figured I’d post sooner than later about an question I wanted to ask everyone: How often do have a ride that You would consider yourself to be "in the zone"? You know when you are riding perfectly or near perfectly and nothing stops you. Its like you are so focused yet so relaxed, you kinda feel that you are biking but at the same time kinda floating with your bike…. Ya that sort of feeling.
      I can recall a couple of months ago when I my usual ride mate couldn’t make it so I hit up a local trail which I usually go for my quick rides. Anyway it turned out to be that kinda ride. I was so in the zone and I just biked straight from start to finish. It was almost like I was the dude in the cool video who does everything perfectly! Well I haven’t had that since and I can’t recall it happening any other times prior but I was thinking that it could be that these types of moments are more likely to occur when you are your own without any distractions/competition.

What do you think?

I know how you feel. Sometimes I can ride all day without tiring, and hit every root, rock, and berm perfectly. A few weeks ago I rode every trail in a system twice just because I was having such a good time. Then there are other days that I feel like I’m peddling in sand the whole trail. I really can explain it. I’ve tried skipping the gym the day before a ride, eating certain foods, and riding at different times, but I can’t duplicate the results. Some days you got it and some days you don’t. Either way I’m just happy to be out on the trail no matter my performance. 😃

I had a ride like that several weeks ago at Buffalo Creek. It was glorious. I wish it happened more!

"maddslacker" wrote

I had a ride like that several weeks ago at Buffalo Creek. It was glorious. I wish it happened more!

Nice place to have that happen!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.