I’m in pain. but I’m happy none the less.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

So, my brother came into town this weekend and we decided we’d hit the trails with our nephew. The ride started out great, until we reached a drainage ditch, I busted hard onto my hip. Well, we continue on and I’m in the rear when my nephew doesn’t quite clear the hill and I try to stop only to fall over, again onto the same hip. Well we get going again and start having a good run and we came to a small ravine, it was about a 6 foot drop with an immediate 6 foot climb. I’ve been through this a lot without any problems…well I get to the bottom when my front tire blows sending me over the bars and into the side of the ravine. I left a good splatter mark with my tire slime. Well, I think I sprained my wrist, and have a near unbroken bruise down the right side of my body, but on the good note, I had a spare tube and managed to limp back to the truck. My rims bent a little, not enough to hurt but too much for the LBS to fix, But I did get a new tire! Well, today I’m stiff, sore and looking for a replacement rim, but I’m still glad I went for the ride.

Sorry to hear about your soil samples. You are correct, riding is better than not riding. Remember that you’ll heal for free but the bike will require a check at the LBS. Make up a good story just don’t tell it around the dudes you were ruding with. 😄 Later,

crashing is cool sometimes i guess, keeps your marbles about yourself. and yes, yes i do wonder that from time to time about my dollars 😎

I went for a night ride last week that sounded almost exactly like yours. It’s like I had become magnetized to all the painful things sticking out of the ground. I have a combined bruise that runs from my knee up through about half my ribcage. My shoulder felt terrible because I kept hitting the same side and my arm would end up in abnormal positions, stretching the muscle. I think I hollered some obscenities the third time I landed on it.

Everyone gets their turn in the barrel, I guess.

owww, glad you had a good ride though, heal up for more.

I’ve healed up alright. I’ve got some scrapes that I don’t remember getting 😆 . My problem is that I can’t afford a new rim. So, I’m stuck recliner riding until I can afford one. Which sucks, The trails are great right now! 😈

I just started riding a few months ago and I have found that the harder i crash the better the ride was. :-)

"blknblu118" wrote

I just started riding a few months ago and I have found that the harder i crash the better the ride was. :-)

Yeah That’s true. Too a point.
      BTW Welcome to the Forum. Hope you have fun here.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.