I’m an old Rookie (new here)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I’m kind of new to Mountian Biking as a sport, I had a MB 25 yrs ago, on rode it on the trails a few times, I’ve ridden on the road with all types of bikes for many years, this year I gave up the road, started trail riding 3 to 4 times a week, (about 2 months now) this is a better workout for me at 64 yrs old, a few weeks ago I bought a FS bike, I used to motocross many years ago, and my dirt bikes didn’t have as much travel as my MB, I’ve been riding on the trails of Michigan a little over a month, I plan on doing a time trial next month at Maybury in Northville, Mi.(my regular trail, I ride the Potawami once a week too) my speed around Maybury has improved from 6 mph and many stops to 9mph and no stops.(except falls, and tree falls) my elapsed times improve most times out. I’m down from 240 lbs to 214 lbs and dropping more every ride. 😃

Sounds like you’ve fallen pray to the addiction… 😃 Welcome to the club!! And welcome to the site, great place to find new trails, learn some stuff, ask questions, and meet people in your area. Good work on not only the time speed improvement, but the weight loss as well!! Keep us updated on any races you do.

sounds familiar! I started riding 14 years ago dropped around 93 pounds rode everyday for about two years, then I bought a sport fisher and after that a race car so my riding completely stopped, needles to say I gained my weight back and got alot older (51).so now due to the economy and a new perceptive on health I’m back on it, I’m having to start a little slower and a bit more cautious but having known the how it felt to be in that kind of shape, I will chase it down once again!

"dnunley" wrote

sounds familiar! I started riding 14 years ago dropped around 93 pounds rode everyday for about two years, then I bought a sport fisher and after that a race car so my riding completely stopped, needles to say I gained my weight back and got alot older (51).so now due to the economy and a new perceptive on health I’m back on it, I’m having to start a little slower and a bit more cautious but having known the how it felt to be in that kind of shape, I will chase it down once again!

" Glad to hear it, keep up the good work"

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.