Ibis Releases the Ibis Mojo HDR with 650b wheels!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

http://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/mojo_hdr_0307/

The Mojo HDR continues in the very capable footsteps of our popular and highly regarded Mojo HD, taking its technology and versatility a few steps further. The "HDR" and the "HD" feature identical travel (160mm), the same suspension (the incomparable dw-link), and the same proven geometry.

The HDR adds even more diversity to its menu.

You’re currently looking at the 26" wheel 160mm travel version of the bike. You can set it up with 160mm or 180mm front forks. If you want to run the bike in long travel 650b mode check the details tab to the right.

Over on this page, you can see the HDR 650b, featuring 27.5" wheels (that’s why we called it the HDR 650b) and a ton of ways to set it up. All of its chameleon-like geometric gyrations can be seen over here.

Maybe the best place to start would be the galleries tab, where we’ve got a few videos showing the bike in action along with some lovely big studio shots.

FEATURES OF THE MOJO HDR
      160mm of rear wheel travel
      dw-link Suspension
      2014 Fox Float CTD Adjust Factory Series with Kashima Coat, 8.5" x 2.5"
      26" Wheels
      Weight for the frame and shock, size medium, matte finish: 6.2 lbs (~.1 lb difference between sizes and for painted frame)
      67.5 degree head angle with a Fox Float 34 160mm fork
      Optional polycarbonate down tube cable guard
      Chain stay length: 17.125"
      12 x 142mm Maxle rear axle
      160mm post mount left dropout, carbon fiber
      Tapered Steerer
      Compatible with Chris King InSet 3 headsets.
      If you want to run your current straight 1 1/8" fork, adapters available
      2.35"-2.55" rear tire depending on brand and height of cornering knobs
      Dual row angular contact bearings in the front of the lower link that have less play than standard sealed bearings. Preload adjustment is not necessary. Large 28mm x 15mm x 7mm radial bearings in the rear for stiffness and long wear
      Fox RC4 coil rear available as an option
      The Bottom Bracket height is 13.8" with 2.3" tires
      Front derailleur (if you use one) and adjustable seatpost housing (if you use one) run along the top tube
      Direct mount front derailleur

As we mentioned in the overview, the Mojo HDR is taking over where the very capable Mojo HD is leaving off. They share travel, geometry and suspension kinematics. There are some differences too.
      The "HDR" is slightly lighter than the HD, around .3 -.4 lb (depending on size and color), yet is stronger and of equal stiffness. We’ve employed a new, more precise molding technique similar to that used in the Mojo SL-R to get the weight down.
      By shifting around our linkage locations, we’ve managed to add ISCG 05 chainguide mounting functionality and dramatically increased the front derailleur compatibility across both the 2X and 3X spectrum. We’ve also increased clearance for the new 11 speed cogsets.
      With some other tweaks to the frame, we’ve made the frame compatible with Fox’s new lighter weight XV air cans on the CTD shocks. We’ve also added clearance for their new Float X piggy back shock.
      But perhaps the biggest change of all is that we’ve made the HDR a fully functional 650b / 27.5" bike. Like its predecessor the HD whose travel you could set at 140 or 160, the HDR has two travel options. In 160mm mode you use 26" wheels and can have your way with just about any trail. And its climbing prowess in this mode is the reason why it’s one of the most popular bikes on the enduro circuit. The standard front travel for the HDR is 160mm, though we have a 180mm offering which those people with larger dangly things between their legs prefer to ride.
      With a new set of "Limbo Chips" and a shorter shock (the same on shock on the Mojo SL-R), the bike can be set to 130mm travel mode, and with a set of 650b / 27.5" wheels and a fork, you’ve got yourself a bona fide ‘tweener’, not a 26", not a 29". That’s called the HDR 650b.
      Want more travel in 650b mode? Here’s what you do: Set the frame up in the 160 travel mode, and add a 5mm travel reducing spacer in the shock. Deflate the shock to check that your tire won’t hit the seat tube at bottom out (tire sizes vary a lot). You’ll get 150mm of travel in this mode.
      So the HDR has an exceptionally versatile chassis. One that can be beat pretty hard in all day lift riding (put that 180 fork and a coil shock on those days), or run it in shorter travel mode with 650b wheels for a low and slack medium duty trail bike that will probably still net you a few uphill and downhill KOMs (if you’re into that sort of thing).
      Here’s a lot more on the various features and design of the HDR.

Check out the Mojo HDR page for more info: http://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/mojo_hdr_0307/#details

Absolutely gorgeous bike 😮

Want …

This bike confuses me. Are they still making the HD, or is the HDR replacing the HD? So the new HDR frame is lighter, and has ISCG tabs, but that’s about it, right? People have been putting 650B wheels in Mojo’s for a while now. How is this different/better?

And once again I find myself asking: if 650B is so close to 26" that you can interchange them on many frames, does it really make enough difference to bother with?

And once again I find myself asking: if 650B is so close to 26" that you can interchange them on many frames, does it really make enough difference to bother with?

Exactly. Just roll 29er 😀

I still want to ride 650B and see for myself. But for the way I ride, I doubt I’d like smaller wheels better.

reminds me of the trek y11 the more I look at it lol

Ride it???????????? Just sit, and look at it! 😃

"dgaddis" wrote

I still want to ride 650B and see for myself. But for the way I ride, I doubt I’d like smaller wheels better.

But Ibis just released the full sus Ripley 29er, so there’s an Ibis in every wheel size flavor! If I could choose a bike from their lineup, the Ripley would probably be it! 😄

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.