I was proud of me yesterday!

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

While riding yesterday, I made it through two "features" that had jacked me up in recent attempts. One is a double set of log piles that has an angled approach. I kept getting hung up on the first set. The other is a very rooty section that is slightly uphill. In one recent attempt (different day), my bike actually got wedged between two roots, I executed a partial endo superman dismount, and the bike kept standing by leaning against a small tree. It was actually pretty funny.

Before I left the trails last night, I conquered both. And then when leaving, I didn’t make it up a pretty hard ascent after a bad gear change. Instead of hiking up the rest of the hill, I went to the bottom and tried again…with success! Feels good.

GREAT JOB Fleetwood!

NExt time you will fly through that section and giggle to yourself. and say "I remember when I was a wus and couldn’t do that!!! 😆 😆 😆

A great accomplishment is always a warm fuzzy!

Thats awesome, now that you have figured out your line and pace necessary to conquer the features you should smoke that section from now on. I remember a creek crossing feature that has a nasty root descent to a sandy creek up a very very steep rooty step up, its very difficult and was a "hike-a-bike" section for me, until a riding buddy convinced me it could be done and after several efforts I now conquer it everytime. 😎

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.