I got them !!!

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Thanks for all the tips guys- I got my shoes in last night from pricepoint. I ordered some sette shoes to go with my shimano spd 520 pedals. I practiced last night and rode around my driveway and yard. All was good with no falling and I was able to clip in and out with a little practice. I guess my next post will be after my first real ride with them on ??? 😃

Thanks again guys !!!!

I adjusted mine to a very "loose" setting for a few weeks and could get my feet out very quickly. The only problems I had at first were when going too slowly around tight, climbing corners. Don’t stall!! 😀:)

You’ll love when you get used to them. Next talent to develope is when to clip out. Around the yard is easy and feels good. Your first fall will happen in a technical section. You’ll be doing something you have done before, you’ll make a mistake, front wheel stall, and tip over because you’re can’t unclip. No biggie, you’ll make more progress clipped in than not but sometimes mistakes don’t allow time to unclip. The key is to not hesitate and use the advantage of being able to pull up to get you through technical areas that you can’t do unclipped. You’ll become a better rider and be able to hop over things that could be a problem. Your number one sponsor is the Polish Astronaut, Moe Mentum will help most. 😄 Later,

I’ve had my 540’s for about three months. I still fall… Mostly when stalling in a sharp curve. Sometimes I just forget I’m clipped in.

Thanks for the tips guys !!!

I know at some point I’m going down- but my attitude, I’m gonna ride it all the way to the ground 😃
      I’m really looking foward to giving them a try this weekend.. I think the stall or spin out is the major area of concern for me due to rooty and then wet conditions on top of that

When on wet roots just pull up on the pedals for better traction on the roots. If you mash down it is more likely to spin. Also lean forward as you pull up and the roots should be doable. Stand up pull up and hop up and lean forward. Once you get your timing right you’ll be supprised what you can pull off. Be advised Bactine is not expensive. 😄 Later,

Like most people you will stall and fall over when people are watching. I remember my first time. So happy I rode a 4 mile trail without falling. Get to the trail head and come to a stop and do the "slow motion fall" with plenty of people to see it.

"topjimmy" wrote

Like most people you will stall and fall over when people are watching. I remember my first time. So happy I rode a 4 mile trail without falling. Get to the trail head and come to a stop and do the "slow motion fall" with plenty of people to see it.

I think that’s the main thing I & All new clipless riders dread the most

"cubanchurchill" wrote

[quote="topjimmy":f7jx50ku]Like most people you will stall and fall over when people are watching. I remember my first time. So happy I rode a 4 mile trail without falling. Get to the trail head and come to a stop and do the "slow motion fall" with plenty of people to see it.

I think that’s the main thing I & All new clipless riders dread the most[/quote:f7jx50ku]

Yuuup! I go by myself, I don’t fall.. I go with someone, I just go ahead and tell’em, I’m gonna fall… lol. Never fails…

Guys! Don’t you know gravity is stronger when others are watching? Just saying. 😄 Later,

"fat_billy" wrote

Guys! Don’t you know gravity is stronger when others are watching? Just saying. 😄 Later,

I got it now- I’m riding alone for at least 6 months 😃 I don’t need the gravity any stronger than it already is !!!

Glad to hear! I have had good luck with Sette products.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.