I did it!! (James River Park loop in Richond Virginia)

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum I did it!! (James River Park loop in Richond Virginia)

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hey there…

I feel very good, even though my legs are killing me! I drove down to the James River Park system in Richmond, Virginia and SUCCESSFULLY rode:

Buttermilk (west from the Reedy Creek entrance)
      Over the Westover Hills/Boulevard Bridge (i.e. the nickle bridge)
      Northbank
      Belle Isle
      …and back on Buttermilk.

I will confess: There were some seriously, nasty, sections where I said (in my best Will Smith voice): "Oh HELL No!!!!" 😮 and got off and walked my bike over the rough section. If i tried to ride through it, I’d probably end up in the hospital, or I’d twist my cheap Schwinn Alum Comp bike into a pretzel!!! Most younger guys I saw on the trails, had real nice FS bikes and were flying along without any worry.

[url:o1idp34r]http://originmedia.gatewayva.com/photos/rtd/special/JamesRiver/river.htm[/url:o1idp34r]
      Click on the map and scroll all the way over and down. That is the James River Park system in Richmond, VA. I parked at the lot where the main park HQ is on that map (Reedy Creek).

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.