I am a Mt Bike noob

Forums Mountain Bike Forum I am a Mt Bike noob

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

And I dont mean a noob to this forum but I am buying my first Mt Bike next week. I used to ride BMX bikes when I was younger but that was a long time ago. I am buying a Trek Fuel EX 8, went and test rode one last weekend and loved it. A couple of things I am going to swap out are the grips, getting Ergon GX, and the saddle, WTB Speed. Has anyone used the Crank Bros Candy pedals and what is your opinion of them? I was thinking about maybe getting some Shimano M424 to replace them. I really cant wait to get this bike and start riding again.

The Candies are great. My buddy has them on his Spesh Epic. They are highly rated on other MTB sites. Pretty good at keeping the mud out except for the eggbeaters. Plus if you need to pedal while not clipped in they have a decent platform.

Thanks, thats one less upgrade I need to make now.

WF, well your new machine is wayyyyyy above my new Jamis Trail-X 3.0 Hardtail but just a congrats for getting back into the saddle, it feel’s so good to be pounding the dirt again!! Welcome and ENJOY 😎

"WhiteFalcon" wrote

And I dont mean a noob to this forum but I am buying my first Mt Bike next week. I used to ride BMX bikes when I was younger but that was a long time ago. I am buying a Trek Fuel EX 8, went and test rode one last weekend and loved it. A couple of things I am going to swap out are the grips, getting Ergon GX, and the saddle, WTB Speed. Has anyone used the Crank Bros Candy pedals and what is your opinion of them? I was thinking about maybe getting some Shimano M424 to replace them. I really cant wait to get this bike and start riding again.

Welcome to the obsession WhiteFalcon. Enjoy!
      CCR

I have candys on my bike and love them. Had my cleats caked in mud from pushing up a hill. Had no problem clipping back in.

Viewing 5 reply threads