hydraulic upgrade

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

I’m currently running with the Elixir R front and rear. Had them on for about two years with no problems. But now I’m looking to upgrade. Any suggestions? I ride mostly AM and trail. Price range is $200-$300 for front and rear. Thanks.

Without question, Shimano XTs. $260 on Jenson right now for both front and rear.

http://www.jensonusa.com/Disc-Brakes/Sh … Disc-Brake

I thought that’s what I might hear. Thanks. I just hate to loose my Matchmakers.

What’s a matchmaker?

"schwim" wrote

What’s a matchmaker?

SRAM’s system that lets you mount the brake levers and shifters all onto one clamp, so it cleans up the bars.

+1 for shimano, either SLX or XT. And they have a similar system called i-spec. You wanted to upgrade your drivetrain too, right? 😆

I like my drive train. X-9 shifters XT 28-40 crank and X-9 front and rear derailleurs..

Couldn’t agree more on the upgrade to XT or SLX, but I made the same upgrade on my bike and had to change rotors also- not going to happen for 200-300 bucks. XT brakes are awesome, but expensive and the SLX’s are rated nearly as high- just a thought. Went with the XT’s because they were in stock, otherwise would have gone with SLX.

+1 for the XT’s

I’m kinda leaning towards Hayes Prime Pro…

HOPE…. I was looking for a brake with better modulation when we built up our two Epiphany’s last year. The Top end build kit came with Jucies. My bike shop mechanic recommended HOPE brakes. WOW!!! SO GLAD went we spent the extra bucks!! 😎

My brother just let me ride(and wreck) his new build with hope brakes. Some people reported weak braking with them but they did fantastic when I rode them. Unfortunately for me, nobody has developed brakes that work when you’re airborne at 30 MPH.

"schwim" wrote

My brother just let me ride(and wreck) his new build with hope brakes. Some people reported weak braking with them but they did fantastic when I rode them. Unfortunately for me, nobody has developed brakes that work when you’re airborne at 30 MPH.

haha awesome!

"schwim" wrote

Maybe try a set of those new air brakes 😆 or maybe get a parachute?!

I’m considering one of those popup flaps like NASCAR uses when shit gets real to slow you down some.

I need something. It looks like someone took a belt sander to the left side of my body right before beating me silly with a boat oar.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.